Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 10. juli 2012

Nail Mail from KarenD

Do you know the kind of person that sends you twice as many polishes as you sent to her...?
That's the kind of person that KarenD from Frazzle and Aniploish is...
Karen had in a comment written that she would like to get some Catrice polishes, so I wrote that I was heading for a one-day trip to Germany, so I could get her some. She made a wish list of 8, and I said we could swap more if she wanted, but no, that was it, so of they went as soon as I was home again...
Karen gave me some brand names and I made a few wishes, and said that she could choose the rest. And one day the mail man brought 17 polishes from Karen - yes 17!!!
I emailed her and said that I probably owed her some money for all those nice goodies - and she replied: Absolutely not - it's the same price to ship that kind of mailer no matter what it weighs, so after I put in the bottles I'd bought for you, I filled the rest of the space with things from my swap boxes that have been hanging around my house being ignored for way too long.
Thanks a million Karen, you are simply the best!

And here they are:

Julie G: Fierce & Fab - a neon purple, My Horoscope Says - a metallic fuchsia, Fairytale - a lavender and Gelato In Venice - a mint green
Sinful: Hottie - a cobalt rainbow glitter, Boob Boom - a hot berry-pink, Petites Color Fever: Raspberry - a metallic raspberry and Electric Indigo - a metallic sky blue
Milani Chocolate Sprinkles - a dark brown with golden shimmer and Sail Away - a blue jeans/denim sort of blue with shimmer
Confetti: Happy Birthday - a gorgeous dark purple with a lot of lovely shimmer going on, To Teal To Handle - a teal with a subtle shimmer, Spoiled: First Class Only - a medum blue with a lot of shimmer and Are Mermaids Real? - a grape purple with a lot of sand and gold shimmer
Hedy's oke.doke: Camo Loco - a mossy/olive/army kind of metallic green with shimmer, Steal This Teal - MUCH darker IRL, kind of dark, dusty grey/green/blue with shimmer and finally Purple Nurple - a eggplant purple (also darker than shown) with delightful shimmer in it!
  

49 kommentarer:

  1. Wow. Absolutely wow! What an amazing haul. You are *also* a lucky girl! ;)

    SvarSlet
  2. Lovely polishes and an amazing friend!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The are, and Karen certainly is an amazing friend, thanks Manases Andrea!

      Slet
  3. Awesome nail mail! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Doesn't get any better than that LOL, thanks zebra-nails :)

      Slet
  4. Wow! gorg colors! Jeg glæder mig til at se hvordan du får brugt SC - Hottie, jeg har selv dupen fra OPI og det er en af mine favoritter

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tusind tak Sosa07ac - jeg har længe småønsket mig den, og jeg vil nok mest bruge den til partiel dupning under nail art...

      Slet
  5. How flippin' awesome is that! I love KarenDs blog too :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. VERY awesone - KarenD has a gorgeous blog!

      Slet
  6. Svar
    1. It most certainly is, thanks a lot Polish AMOR :)

      Slet
  7. Wow very pretty colors .....gr8 nail mail..:)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much KawaiiKagura - and yes it certainly is :)

      Slet
  8. Wow great nail mail! And your friend is awesome! :D

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
  9. You lucky girl, and what a sweet girl is Karen!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I feel so lucky, and yes she most certainly is - thanks Weekly nails :)

      Slet
  10. Svar
    1. No question about it it - thanks Meredith Anne!

      Slet
  11. Oh, my God! What a treasure you have here! :-)
    Photo 1: very interesting all of Julie G., Fairytale wins! :-)
    Photo 2: Sinful Hottie wins!
    Photo 3: both Milani are gorgeous! :-)
    Photo 4: we have three winners here, I know I would buy all three of them! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL it really is - but you aren't getting any of them LOL - so I take it you deep down like the darker, dusty colors :) - thanks a lot Raggio di Luna!

      Slet
  12. Aw, I was happy to do it--so much cheaper than flying myself over to buy Catrice in person! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You ARE the best, thank you so much KarenD, but I can see you have a point there LOL - did I mention I'm heading to Germany in fall, probably October, again ;)

      Slet
  13. What a wonderful choices from Karen :) very beautiful shades! Cant wait to see them on some wonderful nails art.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They certainly are, it's so fun to have all that polish to play with - thank you so much Lydia :)

      Slet
  14. Hello, gorgeous colors! Love the various shades.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Bonnie - there are a lot of pretty colors :)

      Slet
  15. Aw that's so sweet! Karen is awesome :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Awesome is Karen's middle name LOL, thank you so much drinkcitra!

      Slet
  16. Oh,so many gorgeous colors,Karen rocks :)

    SvarSlet
  17. Hi Maria!! Today I´m happy to tell you there´s an award for you in my blog. It´s a Spanish award and it says something like: "For putting enjoyment before competitiveness. For being natural. THANKS!!" You deserve this award! If you feel like accepting it, tell me (lillibitnaw@gmail.com) and I´ll translate the rules and the question which comes with the award for you ;-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you Lillibit, I haden't seen this message before I replied on you blog, I'll accept it, thank you so much, I'll email you!

      Slet
  18. You are definitely very sweet Karen!


    and maria, 17? You had a great day for sure ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Emm, I had a blast of a day, although I was struggling with a deadline - and those polishes kept distracting me hahaha

      Slet
  19. Awesome nail mail! I wait to see you use these!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It most certainly is - I look forward to it, thank you GoingtotheShowing :)

      Slet
  20. That's so nice! What an awesome surprise to receive!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks :) It most certainly was, I feel so lucky!

      Slet
  21. Wowzers what a lovely lot of polishes! Lots of pretty polishes to go with your amazing flowers x :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you CharlieDBeauty, a lot for your virtual florist to work on ;)

      Slet
  22. Tusind tak Christina, og ja, jeg føler mig også utroligt heldig :)

    SvarSlet
  23. Beautyful colours. I bet you can do nice nail designs with them :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They sure are, thank you Beautyshades, I'm most certainly going to try :)

      Slet
  24. How generous :] And so many pretty polishes I spy!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I feel so lucky, and there are many pretty ones - 17 actually LOL - thank you so much Jenni!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...