Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 22. maj 2012

Santa’s Little Polish Helper – first swap/nail mail ever – yayyy

Did you know that Santa has a polish helper, honestly he does…!
Her name is Lydia, and she even has a blog, Purple Castle, please visit it to see her nice and often very fun nail art!
She contacted me a while back, she and Santa wanted to make sure I had enough polishes – and I guess she thought I didn’t ;)
The more accurate version of this fairytale is that Lydia contacted me for a swap, and as it turned out, neither of us have done one before!
I told her about the insane price of polish here in Denmark (China Glaze is around $14, OPI around $22) and since we have no Danish brands, I didn’t feel it would be a fair nor interesting swap for her. But I told her that we were planning a vacation in Germany, and that I could pick up some Catrice, Essence, P2 and maybe something else too, and she liked the idea.
So the next chapter of this fun adventure and as an extra bonus a warm friendship – started with mail writing, likes/dislikes, wishes etc. And we ended up with a few wishes and voted for surprises for the rest.
Read more and see tons of photos below…
Vidste du at julemanden har en neglelaks hjælper, men det har han altså…!
Hendes navn er Lydia, og hun har endda en blog, PurpleCastle, som du bør besøge for at se hedes søde og ofte rigtigt morsomme nail art.
Hun kontaktede mig for nogen tid siden for at sikre, at jeg havde nok neglelak, og det syntes hun åbenbart ikke at jeg havde ;)
OK, den mere faktuelle version af dette eventyr er, at Lydia kontaktede mig med henblik på en swap, og det viste sig, at ingen af os havde prøvet det før!
Jeg fortalte om vores horrible neglelakspriser i Danmark, men nævnte at vi skulle på ferie i Tyskland, så jeg kunne finde Catrice, Essence, P2 og lidt andet til hende, og den ide var hun med på.
Sådan startede næste kapitel af dette sjove eventyr med et godt og varmt venskab som sidegevinst. En mailkorrespondance gik i gang, hvor vi fortalte hvilke farver og typer af finish vi kunne li’/ikke li’– og vi endte med kun at have få ønsker, og foretrak overraskelser for resten.
This is what 25 delightful nail polish parcels looks like - sådan ser 25 lækre neglelakgaver ud
And OHMG – when the mailman brought the little box, it was like HEAVEN!!!
Each polish was wrapped as a cute little parcel, and I was ashamed that I just used bubble wrap when I shipped LOL
Instead of ripping them open at once, I decided to prolong the excitement and unwrap only 5 or so pro hour, dwelling on and enjoying each of them, swatching them on swatch sticks right away to see the color out of the bottle. At one point I seriously pinched my arm, I HAD to be dreaming, this could NOT possibly be true – but it IS true.
Now little girls (and boys) – be honest, when you look at the photos, do you now believe that Santa actually has a Little Polish Helper???
Thank you Lydia, I honestly think this is THE best gift I have had for years!!!!
Og du godeste, da posten kom med den lille kasse, blev jeg teleporteret til HIMLEN!!!
Hver lak var pakket ind som den sødeste lille pakke, og jeg blev straks flov over, at jeg bare havde brugt bobleplast. da jeg sendte til Lydia :)
I stedet for at flå dem alle op, besluttede jeg at forlænge nydelsen og spændingen ved kun at åbne ca. 5 i timen. Så kunne jeg nyde dem, betragte dem og lægge dem på swatch sticks for at farven på en negl. På et tidspunkt måtte jeg knibe mig i armen, jeg MÅTTE drømme, det kunne UMULIGT være virkelighed – men det ER virkelighed!
Så små piger (og drenge) – vær ærlig, når i ser på billederne, tror du så nu på at julemanden faktisk har en neglelakshjælper???
Tusind tak Lydia, jeg tror helt ærligt det er den BEDSTE gave jeg har fået i årevis!!!
Finger Paints Beach Bound + To-Teally Hot, Color Club Lavendarling
Finger Paints Beach Bound + To-Teally Hot, Color Club Lavendarling
Jesse’s Girl Riff-Raff, Borghese Menta, NYC Mint Maracoon (dupe for Ch For Audrey)
Jesse’s Girl Riff-Raff, Borghese Menta, NYC Mint Maracoon (dupe for Ch For Audrey)
Revlon Impulsive + Mysterious, Hedy’s Ma.Nish.Ma Bolts of Blue + Electric Blue (last 2 dries matte)
Revlon Impulsive + Mysterious, Hedy’s Ma.Nish.Ma Bolts of Blue + Electric Blue (last 2 dries matte)
L'Oreal Stroke of Midnight + Boozy Bruch, Maybelline Coral Crush + Go Go Green
L'Oreal Stroke of Midnight + Boozy Bruch, Maybelline Coral Crush (dupe for Butter London Trout Pout) + Go Go Green
Wet n’ Wild Dreamy Poppy + Burgundy Frost + Sagreena The Teenage Witch, Colorphase (the top coat makes the color change)
Wet n’ Wild Dreamy Poppy + Burgundy Frost + Sagreena The Teenage Witch, Colorphase (the top coat makes the color change)
Sinful Colors Midnight Blue + Why Not + Fiji + Zeus
Sinful Colors Midnight Blue + Why Not + Fiji + Zeus
Sinful Colors Cinderella + Let’s Meet + Flutter + Unicorn
Sinful Colors Cinderella + Let’s Meet + Flutter (a tad more clear pink than OPI Pedal faster Suzi) + Unicorn
I look forward to showing all of these with nail art. The biggest blew-me-away instant love was much to my surprise Sinful Unicorn, what an absolutely lovely pale yellow! But need I say more – the rest are gorgeous, gorgeous colors all of them. I still have them on display and sigh ever time I look at them, and when I'm alone, I might even tell them how gorgeous they are LOL - did YOU talk to your polishes today...???
Thank you again Lydia for this fantastic fairytale!!
Jeg er frem til at vise alle disse lakker med nail art. Den største overraskelse, som totalt fejede benene væk under mig var til min store overraskelse Sinful Unicorn, sikke da en fuldstændigt fantastisk banan gul. Men behøver jeg sige mere – alle farver er jo helt fantastiske. Jeg har dem endnu stående på en kommode og sukker af fryd hver gang jeg kigger på dem. Og når jeg er alene fortæller jeg dem osse hvor smukke de er ;) - har DU snakket til dine lakker i dag...???
Tusind tak igen Lydia for dette fantastiske eventyr!!

29 kommentarer:

  1. Efter at have læst dette fantastiske indlæg, er jeg også faldet for Sinful Colors Cinderella og Unicorn. Normalt siger gule lakker mig ikke så meget, men denne er da fantastisk.

    kh
    Simone

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tusind tak Simone, begge de to er simpelthen så dejlige i virkeligheden :)

      Slet
  2. o-m-g!!! you're so lucky... both of you, when i think about it ;-D
    great swap *.*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, nail crazy, I feel extremely lucky, Lydia is the best :)

      Slet
  3. OMG I saw Lyd's post yesterday and now seeing yours, I'm sooooooo jealous!!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, thank you Cee, I understand why - this is a fairy tail :)

      Slet
  4. What a great swap! Many, many beautiful colours, you will have so much fun with them, I know it! :-)
    My eyes first go to all those beautiful blue of Sinful Colors and I like soooo much both blue Ma.Nish.Ma that dry matt! But, all the colours are really awesome and I would like to have them all! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Raggio di Luna, I certainly will, and my eyes aredrawn to the exact same LOL - that's funny :)

      Slet
  5. jeg er grøn, ja sådan rigtig ulækker grøn af misundelse :P

    de ser rigtig fine ud alle sammen men jeg er specielt tiltrukket af Hedy’s Ma.Nish.Ma.. og så er jeg spændt på at høre hvordan du syntes om sinful colors

    men jeg må lige rette dig lidt, GOSH er dansk.. om det er spændende er ikke sikkert he he. og så er der jo det nye mærke By k.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Puha, det må du se at få vasket af inden vi ses igen, vil ikke ha' at du smitter af på alle lakkerne ;)
      OHH, tusind tak for rettelsen, der kan man bare se, yay, vi er en nail polish nation!!

      Slet
  6. OMG!Nail polish heaven!So many gorgeous colors you got there,I am looking forward to see them with your amazing nail art:)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Mimi, it truly is an amazing lot of polishes, and I look forward to trying each and every one of them!

      Slet
  7. Svar
    1. Thank you, Polish and Charms, I really think so too :)

      Slet
  8. Awww I'm sure those would look amazing on you Maria! I'm so so glad and relieved that you like them! :) Nail Mail Rocks! I cant wait to see what you do with them! Hugs*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Lydz, I'm quite are they will.
      Nail mail truly rocks, it's soo cool - and as soon as I finished the Germans I'm going to try them one by one :)
      Hugs right back!

      Slet
  9. OMG, seeing all those little polishes bundled up in pretty wrapping just makes me "SQUEEE!". LOL. How exciting! My favourites are the MaNishMa ones (i've never seen those before!) and Sinful Colors Unicorn and Cinderella. Awesome post, Maria (and much appreciation to Lydz, too!).

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, The Lacquer Tracker, I did "SQUEEE!" believe me hahaha It was soo cool to unwrap them little by little, only the Borghese gave it self away because of the shape of the bottle LOL

      Slet
  10. I love the colours you both picked for each other, such great taste girls! Happy polishing to you both xo

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, hollysagemini, it was THE most fun thin I have experienced whitle blogging, I felt like a child waiting for Christmas and pressies LOL

      Slet
  11. How fun!! And they're all so pretty!! ^.^

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, ScarsLikeLace, Lydia sure knows how to pick 'em :)

      Slet
  12. Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Yun, The Polish Hideout, it really, really was!

      Slet
  13. Ahmen seriøst altså.... Jeg er fuldstændig selvlysende neongrøn af misundelse!!! De 2 matte er jo gudeskønne!! Den med toplak der ændrer farven ser sjov ud, hvordan fungerer det???

    Lisa (admin af gruppen på facebook "Negle Lir")

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. hehehe, det gad jeg ellers godt se - og ja, de to er i en klasse helt for sig selv. Den med ændringen af toplakken har lak i den ene ende af "håndvægten" og toplak i den anden ende, og penslen er en tynd en som man kan "tegne" med. Al anden top coat giver samme effekt, så hvis man topcoater hele overfladen skifter hele lakken farve...

      Slet
  14. hehehe, tak Christina, og ja, jeg føler mig som lykkens pamjulefis ;)

    SvarSlet
  15. oh, what a swap! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL you can say that again, thanks zebra-nails :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...