Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



torsdag den 11. juli 2013

Highlighter pen nail art - a whimsical idea

Recently I received this beautifully wrapped box with blogger samples from The New Black - isn't it just gorgeous?
- tomorrow I will show  you the "Times late edition" set, a complete set for doing newspaper print manicures...

Well, back to the highlighters....
The box included a promotional set of cool highlighters in polish shaped containers.
Of course they are for paper - NOT FOR NAIL ART - but colors and materials inspire me, so that  couldn't help it, I had to try them for nail art ;)

I looked at the tip, hmmm, not really small, but a nice challenge!
Highlighters are for marking text, so they are very translucent. And they do not work well on glossy surfaces (the liquid kind of slides of and gather in tiny drops).
Those were the two first challenges I had to face.
I knew that white would be to only real option as a base color, so I chose Seche Porcelain II - but it dries nice and glossy.
I tried buffing it with a fine grit buffer - but then it hit me: Essie Matte About You top coat gives a really matte and slightly paper like finish - and after a small test I went ahead...

 
 
If you want to try this whimsical idea of mine you remember this:
- highlighters are very translucent
- they mix and changes easily color if you touch one color with another
- do not work well on a glossy surface (the liquid gathers in tiny drops)
- the stronger colors work the best - yellow and orange are very translucent
- if you top coat the result becomes even more translucent and the colors change

I know it's a silly idea - and would love to hear what do you think?


41 kommentarer:

  1. Good idea and looks great.
    But, do you think using these is in accordance with our new EC cosmetic regulations, which are valid since today? ;DDD

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Elenea :)
      Hahahaha, your are too funny, fortunately I wore this before yesterday, otherwise I might be in grave problems by now ;)

      Slet
  2. I love them, want them!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are so cute, those little highlighters :)

      Slet
  3. Hahaha, Maria! What an idea! It doesn't look bad though, you may be inspiring more than one ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Criminal Nails, I hope others might try it too yes :)

      Slet
  4. Denne kommentar er fjernet af forfatteren.

    SvarSlet
  5. Love it!
    I got highlighters like those for my birthday last year from my best friend, I was so amused! x

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Amy - and yes, they are really cute and fun!

      Slet
  6. great design for a highlighter! :)) looking forward to the promised newspaper nails! ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hightlight of your day maybe ;) - just kidding, thanks a lot Mari :)

      Slet
  7. LOOOOOOOL this idea is amazing! :D
    And look at those nail-polish-shaped-highlitghers! *-*
    I want them *-*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I thought you might like my silly idea, thanks a lot *Ky* - sorry, you cannot ham them, at least no mine ;)

      Slet
  8. This is such a great idea and your resulting mani is so cute! Adding that matte top coat to make the surface more workable is totally genius! :D

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aw, I'm so happy you like it, thank you so much Yun!

      Slet
  9. This is so cool!! I never thought of using highlighters like this but I really love it! You're so creative! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Kristine, you are too kind :)

      Slet
  10. Svar
    1. Det er jeg glad for at du synes, tusind tak Maria :)

      Slet
  11. Beautiful packaging and those polish shaped highlighters are totally 'too cool for school'!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Indeed it is - and LOL, you are so right about that :)

      Slet
  12. It looks pretty! Interesting to see a new nail art technique :-)

    SvarSlet
  13. Good idea Maria, I love it :)

    SvarSlet
  14. This is really neat!! I love that they are in polish shaped bottles!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot - and that really is so cool :)

      Slet
  15. Nail art pens, love them,want them but I can't find them anywhere too.Lucky you :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Nah, they are not for nail art - for paper :)
      These are not sold, only given away - but you can use any highlighter...

      Slet
  16. Svar
    1. They are so cute, I agree :) - thanks a lot Sara!

      Slet
  17. Ooh these look fun! You're so smart for using Matte About You! hehe

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Sometimes even a blind hen finds a golden nugget ;)
      Thanks a lot Traci!

      Slet
  18. wow! that makes a really pretty mani :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so pleased you like it my friend, thanks a lot!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...