Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



mandag den 22. juli 2013

4 shades of yellow: Picture Polish Mellow Yellow, Nailstation Lightening Lemon, Linda Johansen Spring Yellow and Nailstation Confidentiel - swatches

When I recently chatted with Wenche from Norway Nails we also talked about future blogger samples, and I mentioned 4 yellow polishes I would love to blog about...
We continued chatting - and then some minutes later she wrote the words, I never will forget because I laughed so hard: Are you SURE you want that many yellows in your parcel.....???
Well as I was about to shop in her store anyhow, so I bought Picture Polish Mellow Yellow myself to ease the shocked Wenches mind  ;)

4 lovely shades of yellow

 
First we have Picture Polish Mellow Yellow, it's a pretty pastel yellow with a  fabulous formula, two easy coats over my ridge filler base coat. No top coat.

 
Nailstation Lightening Lemon is in fact not that at all, it's a pretty yellow in a shade that I call a bright pastel - mellow and lovely. This is also two easy coats over my ridge filler base coat. No top coat.

 
Spring Yellow from Linda Johansen is a yellow that reminds me of the ripening peal of a banana, or you could say a yellow with a touch of papaya - hard to describe and unique in my collection. This also was two easy coats over my ridge filler base coat. No top coat.

 
Nailstation Confidentiel - a bright, happy and summer-y lemon yellow, not a neon, but very bold and bright. I love my pastel yellows, but I also think that this type of yellow is pure perfection! You see two easy coats over my ridge filler base coat. No top coat.
Later this week I will show you this one with nail art on it!!

Three of the above polishes was sent from Norway Nails for me to review. Remember to use the code MARIA10 to get a 10% discount when you shop!
Tre af disse lak har jeg fået fra Norway Nails med henblik på anmeldelse. Husk at du får 10% rabat hvis du bruger koden MARIA10, når du handler.

44 kommentarer:

  1. Gorgeos yellows...too bad those kind of shades are not geting along with my skintone :(

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I feel sorry for you - and am so happy I can wear them :)

      Slet
  2. I love Mellow Yellow the best here, but only because it's the only yellow of these 4 that would probably go with my skin tone.. The other 3 are gorgeous as well though, they just scream optimism and summer!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I love that one so much too - and LOL you are so right :)

      Slet
  3. Confidentiel er nok min yndlings!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Det er også er rigtig sommer gul - elsker de koldtonede citrongule :)

      Slet
  4. I don't know what has happened to me, but I like all four of them! :-)I usually don't like yellow when it comes to nail polish, but this ones are great. :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. OMG I have influenzed you, soon all your polishes are yellow ;) - LOL I'm happy you like them!!

      Slet
  5. I really love yellow and all of these look amazing! Can't even pick a favorite!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, I'm so happy to hear that, thanks a lot :)

      Slet
  6. All of them are so beautiful but my favorite is mellow yellow :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is a stunning pastel yellow - and the formula is like a dream!!

      Slet
  7. These are all so different and so lovely. I love how all four of these look on you.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm happy you like them, they are very pretty colors!

      Slet
  8. The sun always shines on your blog, Maria, because of all the yellows. They do look lovely on you! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - and right now the large on in the sky helps a lot too ;)
      Thanks my friend!

      Slet
  9. I love how yellow is such a happy color! Beautiful shades!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is a very lovely color - I'm glad ypu like these :)

      Slet
  10. Really like Confidentiel! I'm a big fan of bright colours that aren't neon.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I like that type too and better than the neons - so bold and bright :)

      Slet
  11. Lol! I was influenced by your love for yellow when I bought a H&M pastel yellow a few days ago, even though it probably will make me look even whiter. All 4 look beautiful on you! Nice comparison

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Actually you might be pleasantly surprised - you might love it. Certain yellow shades are not for my skin either, It comes down to finding the shades that are good for you :)
      I'm glad you liked it!

      Slet
    2. Yes, but often I just wear what I like. The color is as beautiful as I hoped! I'm painting my nails now, and it looks like I have a tan :-) And I think I need more yellow in my life

      Slet
    3. Aww, I'm so happy to hear that - and in fact some yellows do that I think :)
      Yay, you DO need more yellows :)

      Slet
  12. All of them look really nice! :)))

    SvarSlet
  13. I think I like the 2nd and the 3rd one best, but I love yellow in general :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy to find yet another polish lover, that likes yellow :)

      Slet
  14. These would make an awesome ombre mani used together, they're all beautiful!

    SvarSlet
  15. Eeeeeee I LOVE YELLOW this season, so nice! I have a couple of yellows in some of my designs.
    For a smooth yellow I use the Bourjois 1 Seconde Nail Polish Sunny Sunday and for a textured varnish I use the Barry M Station Road!
    I really love the NailStation Dolour, but I will have to get my tan on before I can rock it!
    Thanks for the swatch!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy you do, there are so many pretty yellows :)
      I don't any of the two you mention as your favorites - now I need them LOL ;)

      Slet
  16. YOU ARE MAD!!! LOL
    I know why Wenche was uncertain about your parcel, LOL
    Among those, my fav one is Confidentiel, it pops up so gorgeously! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Who MEEEE???? Nah, not at all, it's the rest who are, but I accept that you are and still love you :) - it really is popping yellow :)

      Slet
  17. Second one is my favourite..it seems like bumble bee color :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is very pretty for sure - and what a sweet bumble bee it would be too LOL

      Slet
  18. woo-ha those are a lot of yellows! the first one is my favorite!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - it is, but I need to own every pastel yellow in the world ;)

      Slet
  19. I love yellow polish, it's great as a base for a summer nail art.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so pleased to hear that :) - and I agree (for winter too);)

      Slet
  20. OMG, this is a perfect post for me! :-) :-)
    I already imagine you laughing :-)
    I really like Mellow Yellow :-) and maybe also Nailstation Lightening Lemon :-)
    And now, here is the end of my comment, I think that my comment is too long, considering the colour of nail polishes in this post :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha, very loud - Tanja, my yellow nail polish LOOOVING friend!
      Next year by this time - you love most yellows just like I do ;)

      Slet
    2. Maria, I spent my hollidays in Prague and Wien (sorry if I repeat myself if I already wrote this to you in some of my comments...), I was very, very, very "strong" and I brought home only 3 nail polishes; one of them is Essence Tribal Summer n° 02 Inti Inka, I think you should find it online and check its colour! LOL! :-)

      Slet
    3. I just got it in a swap, but it's too peach for me, not really my color, I love the colder toned yellows ;)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...