Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 13. marts 2012

A Lizard with a Salamander belly - Artsy Wednesday/Tuesday

It’s once again Artsy Wednesday in Australia, even if it IS Tuesday in Denmark, those Aussies are so way ahead of themselves ;) 
The challenge is Animal print, so since I already have done most of the traditional animal prints, some of them even in more variations, click HERE, I wanted to do something, I never did before.
When I recently got one of my lemmings, Glitter Gal Lizard Belly, it made me think of the beautiful bellies of a close relative, the salamander. Each fall/start winter they leave their water habitat to find somewhere to hibernate, and they often end in one of our doors, so I have to be careful when opening/ closing that door, and if there is a salamander I take it in my hand and carry it to a better place to hide. Their bellies are orange and more or less spotted, they are really beautiful and striking in color. Some barely have any spots, some have a lot, and some only have spots coming in from the side, so they are really quite unique :)
So the base color is Glitter Gal Lizard Belly and with my striper brush I painted the middle part of each nail orange, using acrylic color, and when dry I added a layer of Essie As Gold As It Gets over the orange for a little glam. When that was dry I added the spots of Lizard Belly with a dotting tool and, and finally I top coated.
I don’t think any other nail blogger has been crazy enough to put salamander bellies on their nails. So feel free to use it, and if you show me and link to me I would be happy :) This pattern can be done with whatever colors you like.
See the links to the other blogs below...
Så er de atter Artsy Wednesday i Australien, selv om det nu ER tirsdag i Danmark…
Da jeg allerede har lavet det meste i traditionel dyreprint, se HER, ville jeg forsøge mig med noget helt nyt.
Jeg valgte en salamander mave, der jo er orange og mere eller mindre plettet. Grundlakken er den skønne australske Glitter Gal Lizard belly, og med en striper pensel malede jeg med orange akrylfarve et midterfeldt. Da det var tørt lagde jeg et lag Essie As Gold As It Gets over det orange for at få lidt spræl. Da det var tørt brugte jeg mit dotting tool og Lizard Belly til at lave pletter, og til slut lagde jeg en toplak.
Der er vist ikke andre bloggere, der har været skør nok til at lavde salamandermave på sine negle, men hvis du kan li’ mønsteret, kan du jo kopiere det, og du kan bruge alle mulige farve kombinationer. Hvis du linker til mig, bliver jeg glad…

Check out what the other girls in Artsy Wednesday did in this weeks challenge: Michelle at Lab Muffin,  Alanna at Pretty Purple Polish, Holly at Hooked, Tif at Polished Genious, Lyndsey at Nails by Ms. Lizard
 

25 kommentarer:

  1. Ahhh! I love this! Lizard Belly has been a lemming of mine for ages :) I used to have a fire bellied newt that looked just like this. He was so beautiful, but he kept escaping and one day I found he'd escaped and had dried up. :( Your nails make me happy thinking about him! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. OH, I'm sorry to hear about your fire bellied newt, but I'm glad you remembered him positively by looking at my nails :)

      Slet
  2. Awww this looks so good,so exotic:)One more great nail art my friend

    SvarSlet
  3. This is Awesome! Love the colors and concept!

    SvarSlet
  4. Fun mani! I'm not sure I could bear to cover up any bit of Lizard Belly if I had it. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Karen, you can relax, I did this when it was time to remove the Lizard Belly, I couldn't get any work done, it distracted me all the time :)

      Slet
  5. Oh I LOVE! <3 :) very lizard appropriate! Glad my Artsy Tuesday/Wednesday banner could help!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. hahaha, I thought the name might catch your attention :))
      And your banner is SO appropriate for us non-Aussies :)

      Slet
    2. It also reminds me of a Gila Monster!

      Slet
  6. very pretty! I like the color combo.

    SvarSlet
  7. this is so fresh :D glæder mig til t se lizard belly in action næste gang vi ses

    SvarSlet
  8. Hello from the future (Wednesday) haha :D
    This looks great! :)

    SvarSlet
  9. Really cool! Great & unique idea, the colours are so striking!!

    SvarSlet
  10. Lovely design! Lizard belly is gorgeous :)

    SvarSlet
  11. Very unique indeed! And fitting considering the name of the polish. ;) I like that you added As Gold As It Gets to the orange to make it sparkle a bit more. Lovely touch.

    SvarSlet
  12. Thank you ladies :)
    Kat, jeg glæder mig osse :)
    PrettyPurplePolish, hahaha, it felt good for once to be ahead of the Aussie girls ;)

    SvarSlet
  13. this is great, you know i'm gonna steal the idea ;-D

    SvarSlet
  14. This is such a pretty and unique design! And the colour combo is perfect!

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...