Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



torsdag den 1. marts 2012

Blue & gold on white, contest entry

I'm going to enter this manicure in the "The dotting tool" contest on Chalkboard Nails...
Denne manicure deltager i "The dotting tool" konkurrencen på Chalkboard Nails...
 
 
 
outdoor
This manicure was "born" in my mind just like my unplugged nail art. There are however significant differences, since I only used nail polishes and dotting tools, neither acrylics nor brushes...
I still cannot get the "Flowers from Indigo Ocean" out of my head, so I went for the same blue, that resemblances the color that Royal Copenhagen use for their china.
The base color is 2 coats of OPI Alpine Snow over my ridge filler, and I used 2 different dotting tools when I applied the blue Nubar Indigo Ocean and a little gold with Orly Glitz & Glamour. The top coat is Seche Vite.
Do you like it, be honest?
Dette design blev "født" in min fantasi ligesom min serie af unplugged nail art. Men der er nogle store forskelle, idet jeg kun brugte neglelakker og dotting tools, ikke hverken acrylfarve eller pensel...
Da jeg stadig ikke kan få mine "Flowers from Indigo Ocean" ud af hovedet, gik jeg efter den samme blå farve, der minder mig om udsmykningen på Royal Copenhagens stel.
Grundfarven er 2 lag OPI Alpine Snow over en ridge filler base coat, og jeg brugte to forskellige dotting tools da jeg påførte den blå Nubar Indigo Ocean og guldfarven, Orly Glitz & Glamour. Toplakken er Seche Vite.
Kan du li' det - vær ærlig?

36 kommentarer:

  1. :) Nice blog! I'm your newest follower. Have a great day!

    SvarSlet
  2. wow! It's amazing what you can do with a dotting tool :) very pretty mani

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Samantha, I'm so glad you like it - and yes it is amazing, what you can do with a dotting tool. I remember the first time I tried making simple dots 5 months ago, pressing way too hard I made big dents in the polish below :)

      Slet
  3. I love it! It looks like the plates for the life of me I can not remember what it is call thou!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Nail Reflections LOL I doubt there are plates like this, also that Royal Copenhagen would hire me as a painter ;)

      Slet
  4. I like all these colors together! So pretty! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you SO much, ScarsLikeLace, it means the world to me :)

      Slet
  5. love it, ain't the dotting tool a great thing ;-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, nail crazy, and yes, it's an amazing tool :)

      Slet
  6. Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Sandra, I'm so happy you like it :)

      Slet
  7. Wow wow wow! This is AWESOME! I'm beginning to think I shouldn't have encouraged you to enter ;o)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, you make me blush, thank you so much - hahaha, the
      re are so many great mani's, including yours, in the contest :)

      Slet
  8. This is a great manicure! Good luck!

    SvarSlet
  9. love it, what else is new i love all your manis

    the pinky is my most fave, almost looks like a peacock

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Kat, you are right, not that I intentionally made it that way, but I see what you mean LOL

      Slet
  10. Maria this is beautiful!!! :) i love it!

    SvarSlet
  11. Nubar Indigo Ocean looks so amazing with the gold & white - great choice & great art!

    SvarSlet
  12. Thank you so much, hollysagemini - at the moment I'm so in love with blue and white combinations :)

    SvarSlet
  13. amazing manicure! ;)

    SvarSlet
  14. WOW! When I saw this I actually said that out loud. :) It's gorgeous, and intricately beautiful. I love the colour combination and think you're very creative to think of this design and complete it with only a dotting tool! Nice work, Maria!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you, I'm so glad you like it, and the dotting tool and my brushes are my best friends in nail art ;)

      Slet
  15. So pretty! It reminds me of fine china for some reason :)

    SvarSlet
  16. Simply amazing,the color combination,the art...everything <3 I really hope you win the contest,you deserve it.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Mimi, I blush :) There are SO many mani's in that contest, so I have no chance!

      Slet
  17. Yes, I remember your entry for the dotting tool contest, I liked it and as I followed the contest day by day I also made a list of my favourite entries and your entry was among them.
    By the way, what do you think about the winners? I agree with the first place, I liked Goose's "Color blind test", but for the second and third place I had other favourites..
    Anyway, we played a little bit and it was a good opportunity for our blogs to be seen by other bloggers :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, 'm happy to hear so. Oh, there were so many good ones, I'm happy I weren't a judge!
      And yes, it gave a lot of traffic, so I guess we all are winners that way LOL

      Slet
  18. I think it is beautiful. I love the blue on white china patterns, all of them, especially the Dutch flower style.

    The gold dots make it even prettier.



    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy you like it, thanks a lot lovenailpolish!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...