Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



fredag den 20. april 2012

Swatch sticks on chains are easier to arrange...

Click on photos to enlarge them - klik på fotos for at forstørre dem
I love swatch sticks, but hate rearranging them on the screws they come with, when I get a new polish! So after thinking of it a while, I came up with an idea!
As you can see, the red and purple swatch sticks are still on screws, but the rest I have moved to chains. It makes it SO much easier to add a swatch stick exactly where you want it within a range of color. You can open exactly whee you want, and you don't have to unscrew screws and remove a lot of sticks and replace them...
Jeg elsker swatch pinde, men jeg hader at omarrangere dem på de medfrølgende skruer hver gang jeg får en ny farve! Så efter at have spekuleret på en løsningen i nogen tid, kom ideen!
Som du kan se, er de røde og lilla farveprøver/swatch stick endnu på skruer, men resten er flyttet over på kæder. Det gør det SÅ meget enklere at tilføje en ny farve præcis der hvor du vil have den i rækken. Du kan åbne præcis det sted, og behøver ikke skrue skruer af, tage en masse farver af og sætte dem på igen...
 
It's the same kind of chain that some keyholders use. It's a simple ball chain with the lock used for that.
Det er den samme type kæde som anvendes til nogle nøgleringe, en simpel kuglekæde monteret med en lås.
You buy a long piece of chain, and then you cut off the pieces you need and fit it with a lock. I chose to cut them approximately 20cm long. Make sure that the chain and lock's diameter fit's in the hole of your swatch sticks!
I bought mine in Denmark, Cyberimport.dk in 2mm, but a 2.4mm chain probably works too. Perhaps a DIY jewelery shop where you live have it. It's a cheap solution, that makes things so much easier.
Bonus info, I buy my good quality swatch sticks here!
If you want clear ones, I'm told, that THESE are good, but i didn't try them myself. 
Du køber kæden i metermål, og så klipper du med en knibtang de ønskede stykker af og monterer låsen, jeg har valgt at klippe dem i ca. 20 cm stykker. Kæden og låsen skal kunne passere frit gennem hullet på swatch pinden. Jeg købte mine i 2mm hos Cyberimport.dk - jeg TROR også at en 2,4mm kæde fungerer. Under alle omstændigheder er det en billig løsning, der gør livet lettere.
Bonus info: Jeg køber de fantastisk gode swatch pinde her! De opløses ikke af neglelak som andre jeg har prøvet har gjort. 
Men hvis du vil have klare, så har jeg ladet mig fortælle, at DISSE er gode, men jeg har ikke selv prøvet dem.
Now the red and purple also are on chains - nu kom de røde og lilla også på kæde
 
My chains with swatch sticks often hang right in front of the metal suitcase that I polish and paint my nails on, or they are in the drawer right under it - see more in my  giveaway thread, where I show my my work space, click HERE.
Mine kæder med swatch pinde hænger ofte lige foran metalkufferten, som jeg maler mine negle på - eller også ligger de i skuffen lige under - se mere i min giveaway tråd, hvor jeg viser min private negle-arbejdsplads - klik HER.

31 kommentarer:

  1. Thats a very good idea:)

    SvarSlet
  2. I'm afraid if I swatched on sticks I'd be constantly rearranging them and get very little actual swatching done. :)

    SvarSlet
  3. Smart idé! Hvor mange har neglelakker har du egentlig?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tak skal du have - og UHH, det ved jeg ikke, men jeg tror jeg har lige knap 200 - men det er bare et gæt...

      Slet
  4. jeg ville være meget interesseret i et closeup på din blå kollektion... specielt i den lyse ende... :)

    kh
    Simone

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Jammen, det vil jeg sætte på to doo listen, Simone, så kan det osse være at jeg endelig kan få talt, hvor mange lakker jeg har...

      Slet
  5. Brilliant! I'm totally stealing this idea!

    SvarSlet
  6. I love my swatch sticks! It's so nice to be able to look at all the colors :o) I have mine on 2" binder rings with work great and make it really super easy to rearrange, but each ring only hold 25-30 sticks neatly.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Goose, I had too Google them to see, that looks like a very nice solution too...

      Slet
  7. Awesome =) I have to go get me some chains right now ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I look forward to hearing, how you like them!

      Slet
  8. Do you swatch every single nail polish you own? It's a good idea, for ease of doing comparisons. I may not have the patience to organize them all, though!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that's the very first thing I do, when a new polish arrives/is brought home. I let them dry, and then i sometimes gather new sticks in a bag and then when I have the time, I sort them out...

      Slet
  9. Oh, Maria, you were right, you DID make me happy with this post and I really DO like the white/cream swatch sticks! :-)
    Unfortunately, the ebay shop where you bought them does not ship to Italy :-( And he is not the only one...
    (Do you remember the dotting tool contest at Chalkboard Nails blog? Also Llarowe doesn't ship here...)
    I really don't know the reason why, and I often get disappointed when find something to buy on internet and then read that they Italy is excluded...
    Well, I will have to try to find white/cream swatch sticks in some other ebay shop that ships to Italy or I will have to risk and try the clear swatch sticks.. They look OK, but yours seem a little bit stronger, more resistant...
    I like the idea to replace the screw with the chain! :-)
    P.S. nice collection of colours (or only one part of the collection?) you have on your chains...!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, darn, that's so annoying, did you send seller an email to ask, if it would be possible, it might be if you ask...?
      Now I have all my colors on chains :)

      Slet
    2. No, I didn't, but I could try to send an email, although I don't expect the positive answer :-( But, it is not the end of the world, who knows, maybe the clear swatch sticks will be OK and I'll be happy to use them! :-)

      Slet
    3. I hope you find a good solution - and I often find that sellers are very nice, if you contact them personally :)

      Slet
  10. Hehehe, ja, når man er født i jomfruens tegn, så kan man ikk' lade være ;)

    SvarSlet
  11. these are cool, I need to start swatching my stash.. on stick or no stick or something hahaha

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - or something, but yes you do, Polish Amor, it's so nice to have an easy overview :)

      Slet
  12. ohh these are so awesome! i love this idea! stash photos!! so cool!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Lydz, I'm so happy with it myself, I by far prefer it to nail wheels....

      Slet
  13. i new that behind all these polishes is a clever mind ;-D
    great idea :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, thanks nail crazy, I suspect youaren't really crazy at all hahahaha

      Slet
  14. You're a genius! Thanks for the tip!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, I know hahahaha ;)
      Nah honestly, I'm happy you like the idea!

      Slet
  15. Do you paint the underside of the stick or on top? I have just started my collection and some of them just look weird underneath but then alot look amazing because they look top coated. Just wondering what you opinion would be?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hi Jemalee!
      I always paint on top, and I think they are meant to be used that way. If they are cream colored, that's at least the only option, and the clear plastic isn't quite clear enough to see the color properly anyhow.
      Hope that helped ?

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...