Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 3. april 2012

Break of dawn

It’s probably difficult to tell what this is, without reading the description?
Ja, det er nok svært umiddelbart at se, hvad det skal forestille uden at læse teksten?
 
 
Tuesday the 27th of March, a week ago today,  the sky looked like this from the bedroom window. The sun was just surfacing, actually not as much as here, and the sky was neither grey nor pale blue yet, it was kind of like China Glaze Sea Spray, that I used for the base – not quite, but close enough. The base of the clouds caught the light of the rising sun, and because they were so dark grey the sun reflected red-ish and made them look stunningly gradient red mixed with dark grey. Of course it was much more beautiful IRL, I should have taken a photo, but when I realized that, it was too late…
I used several colors and sponged them on, some I mixed, and I forgot to make a note of which I used.
Tirsdag den 27. marts, for en uge siden i dag, så himlen sådan ud, da jeg lidt i syv trak gardinet til side i soveværelset. Solen var lige ved at bryde fri i horisonten, faktisk ikke så meget som solen på neglene, og himlen var hverken grå eller bleg blå, den mindede om China Glaze Sea Spray, som jeg brugte til bundfarve – ikke helt, men næsten. Skyernes underside blev oplyst af solen, og fordi de varierede i farve mellem meget mørk grå til hvid, reflekterede solens stråler rødligt og gav dem en helt fantastisk rødlig gradueret farve blandet med helt mørkegrå. Det var naturligvis meget smukkere i virkeligheden, men da jeg kom i tanke om at tage et billede var det for sent…
Jeg brugte flere forskellige farver (som jeg glemte at notere), nogle blandede jeg selv, og jeg duppede dem på med et lille stykke makeup svamp.

23 kommentarer:

  1. prøvede på at gætte hvad det var inden jeg læste videre og jeg kunne da ikke være længere fra sandhaden ha ha

    kom frem til vulkaner

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. aaah, det ve' jeg nu ikk', jeg kan da godt være noget af en vulkan til ti'er ;)

      Slet
  2. Nice! I like the subtle trees especially.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Karen, I'm glad you noticed them :)

      Slet
  3. I told you this was cool! I'm glad you posted it!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Fingers, I'm glad I listened LOL

      Slet
  4. Very nice,I love the sponging technique it gives such a nice look:)and the color combination is really good:)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Mimi. Sponging give so many possibilities, I'm happy you like it :)

      Slet
  5. I like dawns and sunsets, and of course I like the dawn on the nails! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, zebra-nails, I'm happy to hear this!

      Slet
  6. I'm glad you decided to post this- I like reading your description and seeing the interpretation on your nails. Very interesting!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, The Lacquer Tracker, I'm glad you like it.

      Slet
  7. This is beautiful, I love all the colors! I bet it was just gorgeous in real life!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, arfblat, it was quite stunning, I suppose that's why I had to try to put it on my nails :)

      Slet
  8. lovely, i wish i could see the picture with that amazing sunrise :-D
    love sea spray, one of my favorites :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, nail crazy, yes, it was amazing. Sea Spray is really good for a lot of mani's, at first I found it boring, but not any longer LOL

      Slet
  9. this manicure is so cool! i still think it needs to be hanging on a gallery somewhere! i love the colors!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, you are too kind Lydz, thank you so much!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...