Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 18. februar 2014

Silver holographic polish comparison: China Glaze, Sally Hansen, Color Club, Chanel and 2 x Gosh

I let the 6 strongest of my silver holographic polishes enter a battle of holographic beauty.
I prefer a holo to be linear with a strong and crisp rainbow, so that's what I wanted to check!
CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM!

Let's meet the contestants as they also will appear on the swatches below, left to right: China Glaze Sexagon, Sally Hansen Crystal Ball, Color Club Harp On It, Chanel Holographic, Gosh Holographic  (the original) and Gosh Holographic Hero (the new).

Round 1
Left to right: China Glaze Sexagon, Sally Hansen Crystal Ball, Color Club Harp On It, Chanel Holographic, Gosh Holographic and Gosh Holographic Hero.
China Glaze Sexagon is coarser in the holographic particles and could be stronger just like Gosh Holographic Hero, so they leave the competition.

Semi final:
Left to right: Sally Hansen Crystal Ball, Color Club Harp On It, Chanel Holographic, Gosh Holographic. They are all very beautiful, but Sally Hansen Crystal Ball and Gosh Holographic are just a tiny bit weaker in the rainbow - even better seen in person...

Final round:
Index and ring finger is Chanel Holographic and the middle finger and pinkie is Color Club Harp On it.
Chanel Holographic, Color Club Harp On It and Chanel Holographic
Chanel Holographic and Color Club Harp On It
So, which is the winner for you?
For me it's clearly Chanel Holographic because it's shows it's rainbow even in light settings where the others just are grey/silver. Furthermore in person the rainbow is by far the most well defined and crisp of them all.
But unfortunately Chanel Holographic was sold in 2007 and after it sold out the price has skyrocketed ever since, so a really good substitute would be Color Club Harp On it, the effect is strong and it's beautiful, although not quite as amazing as Chanel Holographic...

PS: some of you know that I during summer bought a complete BNIB set of Chanel Duo Holographic and was hesitant to open it and didn't... But recently I found a bottle of Holographic at a very reasonable price and a few days later I found the Fixing Base at an equally reasonable price, so now I have a set to use, I am such a lucky girl :)

34 kommentarer:

  1. I like them all :)they all look so similar.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are all really beautiful, but not really similar LOL

      Slet
  2. I remember you wrote you won't open the Chanel set so I was surprised to see it here. Pleasantly surprised if I may add. I didn't expect it to be this nice.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, and now that I have two bottles I will of course eventually also show swatches - and I was just as pleasantly surprised .)

      Slet
  3. cool.
    I like Color club's one. it's in my wish-list now =)
    btw, the most popular holo in Russian part of polish-addicts are from brand called Fnug... looks awesome on photos =)
    if you fell in love with linear holo, it'll be endless love =)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL Fnug is a Danish brand, but I never owned it - how weird is that really...
      But I have in various places read reviews/thought on their holo's, that resulted in me not buying it - both considering the price and the amount of polish in the bottle...

      Slet
  4. I have Chanel Holographic and I love it sooooo much <3 <3 The second bottle of Holographic I gave my nail polish sis :)
    But I need that Base ;D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, it's hard not to love - and that was a really lovely present :)
      Actually a quite normal ridge filler base works very well too, and for my very ridged nails the Fixing Base was not super filling, so I might use one of my best ridge fillers...

      Slet
  5. When I saw them all together on the first photo, my favourite was Color Club... Then I saw the two that came to the final and somehow... I really don't know how... I had a feeling that the winner would be Chanel Holographic ;-) :-)
    But, it's right, it deserves to win!! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I was very much in doubt a while too, but once on the nails the doubt was gone, it was so obvious :)

      Slet
  6. Definitely Chanel Holographic. =)

    SvarSlet
  7. Of course I'm going to say Chanel *.*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - of course, and now we have photos to prove it :)

      Slet
  8. I missed the boat on the Chanel Holographic polish, but I so wish I hadn't! It's gorgeous. Luckily, I have the Color Club, and a few others, too. Thanks for the comparison - I love those kinds of posts a lot. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. OH yes, I think many of there feel the same way LOL
      But the Halo Hues are really, really good, that's for sure :)
      Thanks Nidia - I have plans to make more like it eventually :)

      Slet
  9. Oooh wow! Awesome comparison!!

    SvarSlet
  10. You ARE lucky indeed :) BTW, it's hard to choose from the pictures when we talk about holos. But I have to say, that Chanel is stunning! So beautiful! But IMHO the winner is Sexagon because it is so peculiar with those glitters :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I am so lucky indeed :)
      Sexagon does not have glitters, it's just really coarse in the holo particles...

      Slet
  11. Hola! es una genial review, adoro los holográficos pero no tengo ninguno porque no encuentro Color Club en España y el de Chanel ya no existe :(

    Los que tengo cercanos son GOSH y China Glaze y son los primeros que has descaralogado! jeje
    Muack

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Sara - you can get Color Club on Ebay from the US...

      Slet
  12. oh my, my heart just stopped!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I hope it started again - I truly hope so - but they are gorgeous :)

      Slet
  13. too many beauties for my poor little heart *.*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - they do affect the heart, I agree :)

      Slet
  14. At first when I saw this I was like: OMG, she started using the Chanel!!! But then I read the last bit about having bought a used one. Great!! :)

    SvarSlet
  15. Interesting comparison! Chanel Holographic is definitely the winner. So beautiful! Lucky you who have it/ two.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Lani - and yes, I feel very lucky having it :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...