Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 10. juni 2014

1.300+ nail polishes on swatch sticks organized in a new and super easy way, a Raaco cabinet

As my collection of nail polishes grow, so does the number of swatch sticks!
I previously showed you the idea I got with chains, that are so easy to use and open, see the old post right HERE
But I found a better way to store and organize my swatch sticks - click on the photos to enlarge them:

It is a Raaco 1260-00 cabinet, height 552 mm, width 306 mm and depth 150 mm. In this range of cabinets you find different sizes and with different numbers of drawers, as you can see further down I also have one half this size with 30 drawers. The depth is the same in all of them, but some have drawers slightly wider and broader, it's the final two digits in the product number, that indicates the size of the drawer. See the entire cabinet product range HERE in English - and HERE in Danish.
Use the Find a dealer page to see where you can get it, you should be able to get it all over Europe...
I chose to put a piece of tape on the front of some of the drawers and put colors from the nail polish color range in each row..
This is how I organized and store my chains until a year (and several polishes) ago.
There were several disadvantages, the worst was that several colors faded even if they hung out of reach from direct sun light. Also sometimes a chain opened when handling, and a bunch of sticks fell off, very annoying, so I temporarily used a not so good drawer system for storage.

But I love the drawers of the Raaco cabinet. The swatch sticks fit perfectly ind them. they are kept out of the light and dust, and each drawer can hold around 45 sticks before it's full.

OK, let's see how I organized the colors...
Here are the red drawers going from bright red to darker red - and the last two are the lighter and darker red magenta colors...

The pink going from a pale pink to the hot - some of the hots might belong among the magentas, it's not always easy to tell :)

The lilac/lavender colors - again going from pale to stronger.

- and the darker purples going from medium to darker and almost black purples. The last drawer is the "difficult to fence" purples ;)

And my very, very few pastel yellow polishes *cough, cough* - and a few orange ones... There will be sticks that might be well placed in the neighbor drawer too, it's difficult to tell when pale ends, and when less pale starts LOL

The mints going from pale to Tiffany box colors - and the last drawer is the super bright and intense mints.

The greens with more yellow than the mint range - going from spring leaf green to dark green, and the last drawer is neon's...

The turquoise and the teals.

The blue colors going from a pale pastel blue to dark blue.

The shimmers, flakies, glitter toppers, gold/copper/bronce metallics, glitters and holo's and the silver ditto.

White/cream, nudes, taupe/brown, grey and the black and charcoal.

And the cabinet for my Chanel polishes:

Let's take a look in the drawers:
The red's, brown-hued reds and the lilac/purples.

The pink range.

The peach/coral range and 3 yellows.

And white/cream, black/charcoal, blue, green and browns.

The nudes, silver/gold/copper/bronze and toppers.

The Dior nail polishes, Estee Lauder, YSL and a few other high end brands...

That's it - thanks for reading (or scrolling through ;) this lengthy post!
If you wonder how many polishes I have, see my complete stash list HERE...

42 kommentarer:

  1. This looks supersmart! I guess I can find something similar in Sweden 'cause I really want something like this.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is, I loved it - and yes, it's available in Sweden too, here is a link
      http://www.raaco.com/Sverige-1063.aspx

      Slet
  2. That's really clever!
    You've got drawers full of teals!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is, isn't it :)
      And noooo, only a few, you know, not my color ;)

      Slet
  3. This is a great way of storing your sticks! I've never swatched any polish on sticks. I got a few nail wheels and played about with them.

    Your colour organisation is really good as well :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so glad you like it, I'm so super happy with it!

      Slet
  4. Wow! My jaw has dropped. And I saw some interesting colours :))) For example nr 463 :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL I thought I hear a sound LOL - I'm glad you like them :)

      Slet
  5. Svar
    1. It really is (if I may say so myself ;)

      Slet
  6. wow! great job <3 <3 <3 <3

    SvarSlet
  7. What an amazing collection you have

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I am very pleased with it for sure, thanks a lot John!

      Slet
  8. OMG...I can't stop watching all those sticks (even if there are too many yellows for my taste LOL), storing them in a cabinet is a great idea. You do have a wonderful collection.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Aly, I'm so pleased that you like it and my polishes (or at least almost all hahaha)

      Slet
  9. Incredible, I've never seen so many swatch sticks! :-)
    I adore very pale yellow swatch sticks... :-) And your lilac/lavender and dark purple collections are wonderful! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I love having swatch sticks - or rather looking at them :)
      Thanks a lot Tanja!

      Slet
  10. Svar
    1. LOL - I hope that is in the good way :D

      Slet
  11. 1.300+ nail polishes!! WOW! It's time to open shop! :)

    My daisies on the rings, but I like the idea with laces.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - that might be a good idea, but too many polishes that I wouldn't sell :D

      Slet
  12. I love this post so much, even though I'm never going to do something similar myself--I'm too far down the nail wheel road to switch to sticks now. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, I love it so much, I started with nail wheels, but got irritated that I could place them by graduated color when I got a new one, so the sticks are for me LOL - but I know what you mean, it's a lot of work to change...
      BUT you can use drawers for nail wheels too!

      Slet
  13. Whoa! This is really awesome! So organized :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy you like it, thanks a lot!

      Slet
  14. incredible in a good way! very well organised :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Mari, I'm pleased you like it!

      Slet
  15. Interesting to see how you organize it, and store the sticks. So many beautiful colors. I used nail wheels until 1,5 years ago. Then I was supposed to start with sticks, so now it feels like a lot of work. But this seems like the best way to get an overview.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is a lot of work to start all over, but also a fun way to meet all polishes again, and maybe some of them need new homes :)
      I agree, for me this definitely is the best way :)

      Slet
  16. wow, you can just sit all day and look at those swatch sticks *.*
    awesome collection of mints ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that is entirely possible - and let the dreams flow LOL
      Yes, I have a weakness for those...

      Slet
  17. You're a genius, I really appreciate this post, I will try to replicate this kind of storage :) Thanks for sharing!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I am indeed - hmmm, how come you seem so surprised :D
      I'm glad you found it useful :)

      Slet
  18. Brilliant =) I really like this way of doing it.. I am i bit concerned with the fading of the colors, even though my sticks aren't in direct sunlight - I'm pretty sure they fade anyway.. Which shop did you buy this in? It looks like something you can buy in Harald Nyborg or something like that?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot - and yes, they DO fade, especially mint and green colors.
      I bought it online, just do a google search and lots of places pop up - your local byggemarked probably can get it too....

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...