Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 7. juni 2014

Ciate Dolls House collection swatches: Poppet and Sweet Pea - what a disappointment

I truly debated with myself, should I or shouldn't I post this, but here you go, even with embarrassing photos, or rather good photos of embarrassing application...
Ciate Dolls House collection has 5 polishes all with the Ciate Porcelaine effect line that dries matte, I chose to buy Poppet and Sweet Pea, and I am so happy I didn’t buy more, the formula leaves much to be desired!

Poppet is a pretty pale lilac shade. The formula isn’t as terrible as the formula of Sweet Pea, but it dries fast and has a very poor self-leveling ability. Even if it looks fairly OK when still wet, any wrong move the brush made reveals itself when dry - and it really clings to my ridges, even if i did use a ridge filler base coat.

 - here it is with a coat of top coat that helped a lot..:

Sweet Pea:
Sweet Pea is a slightly grey-toned, dusty super pale mint green.
It has a terrible formula, even if you work fast with a loaded brush it dries so fast and chalky that it’s impossible to get even, and any imperfection in the nail or the previous coat shows. I gave up after 3 coats – and am embarrassed to show it....

- and here with top coat - now it's much better...
Normally I like Ciate polishes - but these really were a disappointment...

22 kommentarer:

  1. It's odd that a brand can vary so much in formula isn't it. I totally understand your disappointment, I would have felt the same :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, it really is. I know mattes can be demanding because they dry so fast, but then they either should change the formula - or simply do not sell it...

      Slet
  2. I love those Ciaté bottles. They're so cute.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, the bottles are cute - the colors too - but the formula :(

      Slet
  3. Oh, that formula does look bad. Too bad about it. Colours are pretty though and they look nice with top coat.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Unfortunately it really is, especially the green one - but you are right, the colors are pretty with a top coat!

      Slet
  4. No need to be embarassed. If I felt so, I shouldn't have posted at all. We're only humans and have the right to look imperfect!
    The first colour looks great.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Well, in this case it wasn't my fault the result was imperfect, normally I can apply polish without problems...

      Slet
  5. Darn Ciate! You know I wasn't sure about buying this set and then I spied the mini set for a decent price in one of the shops I frequent and bought it. I've not tried them yet but not looking forward to it now! LOL that's a bummer. The colours are certainly nice though. I really like the idea of the finish on them.

    I'll probably get around to trying them soon...... ;-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Some of them are better I have read, Sweet Pea seems to be the one everybody hates the formula of LOL - I think you should try them soon - or at least swatch them, I look forward to reading what you think of them!

      Slet
  6. For the price of Ciate, they really should have outstanding formulas!! That's too bad!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I agree, they might have chosen not to let them go into the shops...

      Slet
  7. too bad, because those colors are really looking sweet :(

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, the colors are absolutely gorgeous!

      Slet
  8. You made a good choice when you decided to show these two polishes to us, so we can decide to buy or not buy them... (probably the second choice)
    It's a pity for that bad application, I like the colours :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm happy you think so - and yes, it IS a pity, the colors are so delicate and pretty!

      Slet
  9. Thank you for telling how they really are.

    SvarSlet
  10. Aw that's too bad. They look a lot better with the topcoat though :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, the top coat helps, but then the whole idea is lost....

      Slet
  11. It seems that Ciaté's lacquers are good just when they are NOT matte :S

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...