Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



onsdag den 30. oktober 2013

Halloween abstract - Artsy Wednesday

In Denmark Halloween is a new thing, a little pumpkins and such, and it's by far not like in the USA.
So I was simply not inspired to do a Halloween mani, when it became the theme of this Artsy Wednesday - and the one I did LAST YEAR pretty much covered it, have a look if you haven't seen it.
But then I thought of how often many of you think of Christmas, when I do red and gold mani's, so I hope that these colors will send you Halloween vibes ;)
The base color is Absolute Nails Ready To Go 19 from the perfumery chain Douglas in Germany. The pattern I painted with various stripers, and the top coat is Seche Vite.
Da vi jo ikke har nogen gammel Halloween tradition her i landet, følte jeg mig ikke særlig inspireret, da temaet for denne Artsy Wednesday var Halloween, og jeg synes at den jeg lavede SIDSTE ÅR dækker emnet ret godt, tag et kig, hvis du har lyst...
Men så kom jeg til at tænke på hvor ofte mine røde og guldfarvede designs får flere af jer til at tænke jul, så jeg håber disse farver kan få jer til bare lidt at tænke Halloween ;)
Grundfarven er Absolute Nails Ready To Go 19 fra parfumerikæden Douglas i Tyskland. Jeg brugte forskellige stripere til mønsteret og toplakken er Seche Vite.

Check out the other girls Artsy Wednesday mani's
Michelle - Lab Muffin 
Melanie - Nail & Polish 
Catrine - Unnakednails
Ameerah - Valiantly Varnished
Wendy - M.A.S.P.O.O.A.S.E.
Haylee - Makeup and Masala

Rosemarie - Every Little Polish
Anna - Makeup'n More by Anna

37 kommentarer:

  1. beautiful colors, beautiful design!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Gonca, I'm happy you like it!

      Slet
  2. "But then I thought of how often many of you think of Christmas, when I do red and gold mani's" are you talking about ME? XD XD
    Can I say that the first thing I thought after I've seen the pictures was "mmm, somehow Christmas-ish, yay" ? XD
    But after that I took a closer look and I was convinced by the photos, it's a much more Halloween-ish mani ^^

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. WHO YOU???? Nah I was thinking of all the others ;)
      I'm glad you find it Halloween-ish, thanks a lot *Ky*!!

      Slet
  3. This pumpkin-y orange shade would be sufficient to evoke thoughts of Halloween :D
    Perfect colour for the season.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Ahh, I'm pleased you think so Vedrana, thanks a lot!

      Slet
  4. lovely manicure, but not too halloween to me ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, and ahh well, cannot please all :)

      Slet
  5. Beautiful manicure but base color <3

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL that base color really is so amazing - thanks a lot Irmak!

      Slet
  6. Oooh this is a great mani! I love your abstracts... you always do the most interesting color combinations and designs. :)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thanks a lot Yun, I'm so pleased to hear that :)

      Slet
  7. I love this mani Maria It is awesome, the colours and the design are exceptional!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, you are so sweet Natalia, thank you so much!

      Slet
  8. This is gorgeous Maria, I love it all so much!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Mel, I'm so pleased to hear it :)

      Slet
  9. This is great! You do such great abstracts :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so please you like my abstracts, thanks a lot Kas :)

      Slet
  10. Svar
    1. I'm so pleased to hear it, thanks a lot :)

      Slet
  11. abstract indeed. love the detail xx

    SvarSlet
  12. Svar
    1. That's because I'm so old ;) - thanks a lot Miriam :)

      Slet
  13. I like this abstract manicure! I saw your last year Halloween manicure and I remembered how much I liked the witch! :-)
    I haven't made any Halloween manicure, I like playing with Christmas themes much more :-) And, I don't do anything special for the Halloween... But, as every year, I bought a lot of candies and I enjoy opening my door to the children that come with their "trick or treat!" :-) My husband is a teacher in a nearby school, so we got a lot of visits tonight (and they are still coming...!) :-) Witches, skeletons, Supermen, Batmen, pirates, Frankensteins... come, come, I still have some candies left! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so glad you like it Tanja.
      I don't think children have started the trick or treat thing here - haven't heard about it at least :)

      Slet
  14. This is awesome! The colors work so well together! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so pleased you think so, thanks a lot Traci!

      Slet
  15. This looks amazing, I love all the colors and crazy designs!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy to hear that Lucy, thank you so much!

      Slet
  16. I'm liking this, I think it does represent halloween very well! I do like abstract art, your index finger is my favourite, but they're all fab x x x

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so pleased to hear it Wendy, thank you so much!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...