Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 24. august 2013

Chanel Saturday - introduction - later renamed to Collaboration Saturday

I have been keeping something from you, a passion of mine flared by an innocent wish to own Chanel Coco Blue and Chanel Vendetta…
I got them, and I don’t know what happened to me, I was smitten by them and needed more.

So not too many months ago, I started collecting Chanel polishes, and 95% of them are pre-owned, and my stash is rapidly growing. I even buy polishes that aren't really my color if the price is good, but often they surprise me, so only a few are given to friends, that like a particular shade.
To my defense I do not spend much money in general, I’m not buying makeup, perfume, bags, shoes or clothes – in fact I only bought 2 t-shirts so far this year.

It didn't help at all that I became friends with Elena from PicturedTinsel in Germany, who already had begun to collect.
One day she suggested that we should team up on Saturdays and show swatches of our Chanel polishes, and possibly Dior and other high end brands, and I immediately said yes!
So this is an introduction to what we decided to call: Chanel Saturday – but some weeks the brand can be different, not that I run out of Chanel’s to show you any Saturday soon ;) 

I also made a new page in the menu called Chanel, where you can see my wish-, stash and swap list – and I turn 60 on September 6th so feel free to send endless streams of Chanels my way, thank you ;)

I’m not showing you swatches until later today, but I have a few questions for you, so I hope you feel like reading them :)

First of all, my lemming over lemmings is Jade, a lemming shared with seriously many other women all over the world. But I do not feel it’s right to pay a ridiculous sum to get it – so is there a kind-hearted person out there who have a not too used bottle they would be willing to sell to me at a humane price – please contact me…

Secondly I want to show you the crown in my collection, Duo Platinum Holographic, unopened and untouched by the previous owner and me…

One part of me wants to try it on ASAP – but the more sensible part of me thinks: if I could get your hands on a used bottle, you could keep this as it is – but then again, I bought it, it’s mine, I should use it – right – not right..?
- it's way easier to buy a slightly used polish, and I'm not kidding you, this 59 year old girl quite seriously considered placing Spirale on her night table so that she could look at it, if she woke during the night.... ;) I was SO silly happy to find it, and at a reasonable price - but I did convince myself not to, and left it in the company of the other Chanels for the night ;)

Thirdly I would love to hear if any of you know of an online list with all/most Chanel polishes ever produced with names, numbers and collections?

And finally: Do you know any Chanel polish groups and/or Chanel swap/sale groups, I have searched, but didn't find any…

Later today I'll show you Alchimie, one of the 3 new Chanel fall coll. called Superstition, and tomorrow I'll show you the other 2: Mysterious and Elixir in two separate posts...

Please go and check out what Elena from PicturedTinsel has to show you this Chanel Saturday. I have a feeling it's red and gorgeous, not saying more :)

41 kommentarer:

  1. Spirale looks really gorgeous.

    It's real fun posting our chanels together :o).

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Spirale is a-mazing, I love ehr so much - and indeed it is my friend :)

      Slet
  2. That's a huge Chanel collection! I'm somehow glad that the temptation to buy highend brands hasn't gotten me very often so far. I still don't own a single Chanel. But to be honest, there are a couple of shades I *might* be interested in. ^^;
    About the holographic duo... I'd probably think the exact same way. I can see that happening with polishes that are worth much less. It's weird, right? But I guess that's what's happening when you're collecting something. It gets this extra value.
    So, let's see if you can tempt me with some of your swatches? Same goes for Elena. Oh, she's bad... she tempts me all the time. ://

    Have a great weekend!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Kayono, and yes, it dangerous to get the first, they are kind of addictive ;)
      It is weir, and I'm trying not to fall into that trap, I really should open it and try it, I only live once, right?
      I hope that Elena and i can tempt you Kayono - and *whispering* she is such an temptress ;)

      Slet
  3. I got Chanel Coco Blue this summer, at a sale , half the prize. It's lovely. But I hope I don't get "infected" by an urge ... :-). But I'll sure enjoy your Saturday Swatches!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It really is so pretty - but be careful, I think the Chanel polishes tend to make you want more - so maybe it's dangerous even to watch hahaha

      Slet
  4. i also like Chanel nail polishes! I find this is a great idea :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so pleased to hear that Natalia, and hope to see you back for the swatches :)

      Slet
  5. Wow this is quite a Chanel collection you have! I actually have never tried their polish

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is coming alonge nicely, isn't it ;) - I can only say DON't, it's very possible that one isn't enough ;)

      Slet
  6. Hi Maria! If you're looking for a blog that's dedicated when it comes to finding Chanel polishes, you have to check out chahevu.blogspot.de. She presents a lot of Chanel, but also Dior and some other brands. There's also a nice page with all the swatches she has done so far.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hi Andrea. Thanks for the link :) I have been a reader of chahevu.blogspot.de some weeks now, Elena recommended it - and I absolutely love that blog!
      I plan to mark my list with swatch links too :)

      Slet
    2. Aah, of course! It's a great blog indeed. I've wanted to make a list of swatches, too, for quite some time, but it takes me a lot of effort and so I'm far from finished, haha!

      Slet
  7. Wow, what a great collection you've got. I still don't have one single Chanel. I actually had three I got in a swap. I gave one away and sold the last two. I didn't get much for them - I wish I hadn't done it, then you could have had them instead :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks my friend - and OH, that breaks my heart, I would happily have given them a loving home :)

      Slet
  8. I keep away from HE polishes. I know how addictive I am and I can't take that chance. It is lovely that you managed to snag some of your lemmings and rarities.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, I know that about myself too, and STILL I fell right into the trap with wide-open eyes. I guess I at the time didn't think that Chanel was anything special, just another polish - but oh boy, I was wrong... :)

      Slet
  9. First of all, I think you shld try the holography set, because it's yours and obviously you won't be selling it any time soon (if ever lol), we live just once, and all in all these are just nail polishes created to be used :) Secondly, I love the idea, and your Chanel collection - if it makes you happy, than it doesn't matter how much it costs as long as you can afford it :) As ofr me, my passion for shoes often stops me from buying yet another polish :))
    Personally I don't like Chanel polishes because of their brushes and high price. I have only 2 of them and I tried some of my mom's. If to buy for the price, I prefer YSL or Dior.
    I would love to see your Chanels on you! and to hear your opinion on some of them like Mimosa, Riva, Eastern Light etc. Also since you have so many of them now, it would be nice to see if you have any dupes for them by more affordable brands?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I agree, I should - but tell that to myself LOL
      I am SO happy I cannot wear many kinds of pretty shoes (none in fact) anymore, I loved my stilettos..
      I doubt I ever get Riva, but if I do, I surely will flaunt it LOL

      Slet
  10. Svar
    1. It is a pretty neat collection - growing, mind you ;)

      Slet
  11. I got three Chanels (and two more waiting for me :))) ) and I can't wait to see your swatches!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yayy, I'm so happy for you - thank you so much, I hope you like them :)

      Slet
  12. OMG I am sooo envious *Q*
    Holographic, my dear beloved one, one day I'll find you T_T
    I've just bought my first Chanel (taboo) and didn't try it out... :)
    Still, I can't wait to see them all in action!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - One day you will, I'm sure, I really hope so :)
      In a minute I'm removing the polish and wear, and guess what - putting on Taboo ;)

      Slet
  13. Wow Maria, what a great Chanel collection! You've been holding out on us... totally didn't know you had this hehe. :D Chanel has some amazing colors! Best of luck in tracking down your lemmings. :)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. *nodding shamefully* I have indeed ;) - I wasn't sure where it would take me, but as my stash grew, I knew LOL
      They have indeed - thanks a lot, I hope to get a few more of my lemmings :)

      Slet
  14. WOW!!! That is one gorgeous Holo polish! I'm lemming that from you now!!! IO don't have Jade or I'd swap with you! I own very few Chanel-they are a little too expensive but I like that you're buying preowned which cuts down the price. If you ever come across another of those holo sets PLEASE let me know!!!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, my Holo is not going to be swapped for sure, at least not any day soon - but Indeed I will let you know :)
      And you are so right about buying pre-owned, and it feels OK to buy polishes from others that don't need them anymore :)

      Slet
  15. Amazing collection! So this is your new addiction! :-) Mari is right, if it makes you happy, than it doesn't matter how much it costs as long as you can afford it! Aut yes, we only live once, so go for it... or better: go for them!!! :-)
    P.S. I don't have any Chanel nail polish, they are not "my cup of tea" :-) but I'm sure that I will find some Chanel on your blog that I will like! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Indeed it is - and yes I know, and I guess I go full steam ahead :)
      Funnily enough I said just like you not too many months ago ;)

      Slet
    2. Well, I wrote that I'm sure that I will find some Chanel on your blog that I will like... I already did :-)

      Slet
    3. Yes, but I warn you, it's dangerous, before you know it you will participate in our Chanel Saturday's ;)

      Slet
  16. I think I wouldn't be able to resist the wish to try that holo :D

    SvarSlet
  17. LOL I'm afraid I cannot either ;)

    SvarSlet
  18. Interesting to hear about your Chanel collection! And you are very funny! :-) I would try the holographic, although it would lose it's value... I think it's strange that not everyone understands how important it is to buy nail polish. Lol :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Lani, and I think I will indeed try it - and OH, you are SO right, that is indeed important - small bottles of happiness ;)

      Slet
  19. omg... should i bee jealous or not, that is the question ;)
    gorgeous collection dear, if these little bottles make you happy go for it :*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I would say you should be :)
      Thanks my friend, and I am, full steam ahead :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...