Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



søndag den 19. februar 2012

Essie Armed & Ready, swatches, review + nail art - anmeldelse

 

 
Armed & Ready is from one of Essie’s 2012 spring collections: the Go overboard collection.
It’s extremely well pigmented, but out of old habit I applied 2 coats for these swatches. It applies well and dries quickly.
It’s supposed to be “an outfitted army green with pearl”. It has a very nice bronze/golden shimmer, but on my nails it looks much more grayish/brownish than dark army or even olive green, and it’s so far from what I thought it would be, so I’m disappointed. Actually I put it on my for sale list…
I couldn’t resist it, I added a  few dots with Orly Glitz & Glamour and finished with a top coat, see below…. 
Stay tuned for one more post today, 7 different kinds of nail art "Playing with Stripe Rite"...
Armed & Ready er fra en af Essie’s 2012 forårs kollektioner: the Go overboard collection.
Den er særdeles velpigmenteret, men af gammel vane lagde jeg to lag, men ikke nogen top coat. Den er let at påføre og tørrer hurtigt.
Den skulle være “an outfitted army green with pearl”. Den har et flot bronze/guld shimmer, men på mine negle er den meget mere mørk gråbrun end army eller oliven, og den er så langt fra det, jeg troede og håbede på, at jeg er skuffet. Faktisk har jeg sat den på min til salg liste…
Jeg kunne ikke modstå det, jeg var nødt til at tilføje et par gyldne prikker med Orly Glitz & Glamour, hvorefter jeg topcoatede - se her under...
Der kommer et indlæg mere i dag, 7 forskellige slags nail art "Playing with Stripe Rite"...


13 kommentarer:

  1. This is such a beautiful and unique colour! I am ever so sorry I missed you on my award post. I've fixed it now! xxx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you aimeeus, don't worry about it :)

      Slet
  2. So pretty with the dots, they bring out the gold even more!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Hermetic, LOL, yes, that was my idea too :)

      Slet
  3. I do love the shimmer in this one, but if it's hard to see in real life, I might pass. I hate hidden shimmer that is too well hidden!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, The Lacquer Tracker, unfortunately it's not very noticeable IRL

      Slet
  4. Beautiful shimmer! Love the dots! It's like dice!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. hahaha, it was a little what I thought of :)

      Slet
  5. This looks fantastic in the sun. I was considering getting it but after seeing multiple swatches decided not to. I liked it originally because of the shimmer, and I would want that all the time.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I agree, it's the shimmer that would have made this polish outstanding, but when it's so difficult to see IRL, it's not really woth a buy for me either...

      Slet
  6. Oooh I like this.. I'm considering bying it from you ;)

    SvarSlet
  7. Oooh I like this.. I'm considering bying it from you ;)

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...