Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



fredag den 17. februar 2012

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, swatches & review - anmeldelse

In the middle of November I gave you my first impressions of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure click HERE. This series claims to be 5 steps in one, including base- and top coat, so I have used neither on the photos below. 
I’m not in love with the brushes, I find the stem too wide, and the brush takes some getting used to. Drying time is good.
I applied 2 coats on all the swatches, on the ring finger, that has more pronounced ridges, I applied 3 coats. But even so the polish falls of my ridges, so if you have ridges, this is NOT a 5-steps in one for you, you need a ridge filler base coat.
I’m not too impressed by the finish, I do not find it as shiny as this series claims to be, so I still would add a top coat.
I midten af november gav jeg mit første indtryk af Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, klik HER.  Kollektionen hævder at være en 5-i-et lak, altså inklusive grund- og top lak, så jeg på disse billeder ikke brugt nogen af delene på de nedenstående billeder.
Jeg er ikke vild med penslen, stammen er for bred og penslen skal man vænne sig til.
Tørretiden er ret hurtig.
Jeg har lagt 2 lag lak, på ringfingeren har jeg dog lagt 3 lag, da mine riller er særli udtalte på den finger. Men lakken falder alligevel af mine riller, så hvis du har riller kan du IKKE bruge denne uden en ridge filler base coat.
Jeg var heller ikke særlig imponeret over finish, der i mine øjne ikke er skinnende som de hævder, jeg synes helt klart, at det er nødvendigt at bruge en toplak.


Kook-A-Mango 560 is a bright, red coral cream color, really nice summer color. Two coats did not give 100% opacity.
Kook-A-Mango 560 er en creme lak i en klar, rød koralfarve, en rigtigt flot sommer farve. To lag dækkede ikke 100%, man kan stadig ane den hvide del af neglen gennem farven.

 
Back to the Fuchsia 530 is a hot pink color with a subtle shimmer, I like it a lot. Two coats did not give 100% opacity, but it's better than Kook-a-mango.
Back to the Fuchsia 530 er en creme, smuk, hot pink farve, med et let shimmer. Den dækker ikke 100% ved 2 lag, men er bedre end Kook-a-mango.

Pedal to the Metal 330 is a metallic, grey/lavender color, prone to serious brush marks, but I gave this polish away, so I couldn’t redo it, like I did with the others. 
Pedal to the Metal 330 er en metallic, grå lavendel farve med tendens til mærker efter penselen, men jeg har givet den væk, så jeg kunne ikke swatche den på ny, som jeg gjorde med de andre. 



Fairy Teal 450 is a very pretty teal creme color, and I really like it..
Fairy Teal 450 er en smuk creme petrol (blågrøn), og jeg er vild med farven.

16 kommentarer:

  1. The brush stem on these is quite wide indeed. I've gotten used to the brush now, but that stem still gives me some trouble.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You are right Karen, the brush is easy to get used to now that I'm much more used to different brushes and painting nails, but the stem is still a bit annoying :)

      Slet
    2. I agree with you both- I've actually adjusted to the wide brush and don't mind it so much anymore. But that stem! Ugh. I feel like I'm threading a needle trying to get it back into the bottle without slopping polish from the stem of the brush all around the rim of the bottle. (Pet peeve, obviously). ;)

      Slet
    3. LOL the threading a needle comparison is just like I feel too, and I hate messy rim's too :)

      Slet
  2. I had to get used to the brush as well, but it didn't took long.

    Actually if you look really closely in the light Back to the Fuchsia 530 has purple/blue shimmer in it! It's AMAZING!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aja, I had noticed the shimmer, but not the purple/blue one, I'm not sure it in my bottle LOL - but I will have a closer look, thanks :)

      Slet
  3. fairy teal looks the best in this bunch :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I agree, that's my favorite too + Back to the Fuchsia is so vibrant and it spells summer - we need that soon :)

      Slet
  4. They are all very pretty! Look great for summer!(:

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, and yes, I look forward to "fuchsia-time" LOL

      Slet
  5. I have a few of the SH salon manicure line... I like them well enough (agreed that the brush takes some getting used to), but have never found they are truly an all-in-one polish. I always use base and top coat. I wonder why they even bother trying to market it as an all-in-one product? I'll still buy them for the colours!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm glad you don't think so either - but i agree, I'll come back for more colors too, and I look forward to using them with base coat and top coat!

      Slet
  6. They are pretty colors! Hate wide brushes cause my nails are so small. And no matter what they swallow my pinky! messy!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha, poor pinkie - I'm glad you like the colors :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...