Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



søndag den 13. januar 2013

Illamasqua Rubber Brights – and a true story about Illamasqua's Customer Services

Today I’m proud to show you swatches of four of the six Rubber Brights, that previously have been released in the US as a Sephora exclusive – but now they are available in Illamasqua’s WEBSHOP, and the last two colors will arrive soon.
But first I want to tell you a true story about Illamasqua’s Customer Services…
In the middle of September I ordered some polishes from Illamasqua. Among them were two in Vice, a beautiful blue. I needed one for myself and one as a gift. But both had leaked upon arrival, like the lids weren’t tightened. I contacted Customer Services and after having sent photos of the problem, I got two new ones. 
They arrived and is time one had leaked very much, so I contacted Customer Services again, but did not hear a thing. Time went by and I sent a new email right before we went on vacation in October – still nothing. 
I was of course very disappointed and sad, and mid November I refused to believe that they deliberately ignored me and dragged myself out of the selfpity-pond. I emailed them again, this time from a different email address, and simultaneously I also emailed Julian Kynaston, the founder of Illamasqua, with whom I previously had corresponded…
Within the hour there was a reply with sincere apologies, my first emails somehow never reached Customer Services. They of course wanted to replace the leaking Force, but I said that if it was OK, I’d much rather have a Nomad or a Baptiste as a backup, because they are among my all time favorites. And guess what, they sent me both!!
But that’s not all… 
In my email correspondence with Julian Kynaston I had mentioned that I hoped that the Rubber Brights became available here in Europe too. And one day an email arrived from the Customer Services telling me, that Julian would send me one of each of the Rubber Brights to apologize for the mishap – and guess who did a silly happy polish dance and thought she died and went to heaven…?  (if you don’t know the answer, it of course me ;))
And here they are – and I would like to express my gratitude to a fantastic make up company with a fantastic Customer Services and founder – Illamasqua!!!

 
 
First we have Nurture, described as a candy, apple green - 2 coats, not top coat. It applies like a dream, dries quickly and  the finish is matte and super silky-soft to touch. I love this vibrant in-your-face green, it makes me happy just by looking at it!
Click on the close up photos to see the finish better....

 
 
Next we have Devotee - a candy pink, - 2 coats, not top coat. It applies like a dream, dries quickly and  the finish is matte and super silky-soft to touch. This is both super girly - but also feminine and fun for a slightly older girl like me ;) 
 
 
As the third jewel we have Serenity, a bright turquise - 2 coats, not top coat. It applies like a dream, dries quickly and  the finish is matte and super silky-soft to touch. It makes me think of vacation, seaside views, sailing, swimming and a blue sky...

 
 
As the fourth and final today we have Prosperity, a rich purple - 2 coats, not top coat. It applies like a dream, dries quickly and  the finish is matte and super silky-soft to touch. Oh how I LOVE this color, and I look forward to painting nail art on it - and maybe never remove it again ;)

I hope you liked these new Illamasqua's!
As soon as I have the yellow Optimist from the Rubber Brights I'll show you swatches of it plus the lovely red (of course with that name) Aorta, that I already have - I can tell you it is GORGEOUS!!!

65 kommentarer:

  1. Wow it's Lovely to hear that theyve send you new ones! And Also these.. Your Lucky Maria :) theyre all super Pretty! Love their finish!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that made me so incredibly happy - and I am indeed lucky :)

      Slet
  2. Wow, I am glad to know they have such a great customer service :) And I am happy for you, the story has a great ending! Those polishes are amazing, specially the pink and the purple ones... :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that's what makes me want to support a company full speed LOL - the polishes are a dream-com-trough for me :)

      Slet
  3. Beautiful story with beautiful ending! :-) My favourites are Serenity and Prosperity! Serenity looks very very silky! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It really is :) - all the finishes are so silky - I think I just was lucky to capture it better on Serenity!!

      Slet
  4. Wow...Prosperitiy ist exactly the color I'm looking for. Very beautiful and a gorgeous finish.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I can understand why, it's totally amazing! Thanks a lot Elena!

      Slet
  5. Wow, that is great customer service! And these colors are gorgeous...especially the green and blue!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I was so happy and pleased - and indeed they are such lovely colors :)

      Slet
  6. stressful, but ended amazingly! colors are so lovely.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes - with happy ends like this, all stress is forgotten on my behalf :)

      Slet
  7. Serenity is really bright color.
    I'm waiting for other nail polishes :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are so gorgeous - and Aorta that I already have is such a pretty red!

      Slet
  8. Fabulous customer service! I'm in the love with the pink and blue, beautiful :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, it's like it should be, but rarely quite are!!
      They are so beautiful!

      Slet
  9. im glad the story had a happy ending :) and i'm sorry to hear about all the troubles you got :( i think it would have been also reasonable to contact illamasqua in some public way, right after they hadnt answered your 1st email - via twitter or their official Facebook page. Perhaps they would have reacted faster, because when lots of potential customers see your negative feedback, its never good for a big company who cares about its reputation.. but I hope it'll never happen to you again :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That's not really my style, I am convinced the email actually didn't reach them!
      I'm so happy with the outcome :)

      Slet
    2. yes i understand :) and i also don't believe they ignored the emails on purpose, especially now when i know about the happy ending of your story. what i mean is there can be different ways to try and solve the problem you had. one way is to send several emails, another way is to use an official company page in a social network, i honestly believe they created and maintain those pages not only to advertise but also to help their customers and hear the feedback. polite asking wouldn't hurt anyone.. btw i've just visited illamasqua website and though i didn't find the founder's email, i found an online request form - one more way to contact their support :)
      anyways, too many words to discuss something that is already solved and forgotten lol
      ps: serenity looks awesome, such a bright shade! i'll be looking forward to see your designs with this turquoise ;)

      Slet
    3. LOL yes, a lot of words - I still did it the way I felt was the right one :)

      Slet
  10. Svar
    1. Yes, it's difficult not to fall head over heals....

      Slet
  11. Whoa, they are seriously awesome and happy colours! Hooray for good customer service, we'd like some more of that please :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They really are - and you are so right, many companies could learn something here :)

      Slet
  12. great customer service! Tooo Cool! these are beautiful!!! so bright and fun!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I couldn't agree more - and yes, they are a happy bunch :)

      Slet
  13. Gorgeous shades ....loved them...:)

    SvarSlet
  14. Ahmazing colours - I love their rubber finish polishes and have been wanting these since I saw the first promo pics. I was totally on the fence about the pink but your swatches is actually making it look like one I need.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, so have I, so it's so nice that they now are available for all - I actually felt the same way about the pink, but now I love it :)

      Slet
  15. they're all great and happy colors, but my favourite is Prosperity. I def want to try it!!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are, and I'm so going to use mine throughout spring and summer - but with my love for strong colors, who am I kidding, I'll wear them all year round!

      Slet
  16. How awesome of them! These colors are awesome!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that is really awesome - I'm so happy :)

      Slet
  17. These are gorgeous! Especially that green one! I love their rubber finish, too!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, Nurture holds a special place in my heart too, right next to Prosperity :)

      Slet
  18. Wow those shades are amazing! Sweet! I'm glad it worked out for you :) What a score on the whole collection!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That is a fantastic score, I still have to pinch my arm to be sure not to dream :)

      Slet
  19. OMG!!! These nail colors are all so pretty. Love the colors of each and every kind. they are indeed perfect for any occasion. Great picks!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You are spot on - they are really amazing :)

      Slet
  20. These look amazing! I'm so glad you kept pushing and everything ended well! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are and it was such a happy ending!!

      Slet
  21. I will unfollow you XD
    I can't add every single nail polish that you show on my wish list XD
    I will bankrupt XD

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha, *Ky* you are too funny, I really need to set up some kind of "Support *Ky*" fund to help you cope with the wish list caused by me ;)

      Slet
  22. Wow, these colours really are amazingly vibrant! So great to hear about a company really pulling out the stops to make something right. Enjoy your new goodies!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. both the colors and the company is amazing - and thank you so much Elizabeth, I will!!

      Slet
  23. Such a great story about their customer service! I'm happy for you! And I really like how Serenity looks...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes it is - and thank you so very much, Sandipa :)

      Slet
  24. Wow they are so bright! I love the green one

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They really are, they make me happy just by looking at them :)

      Slet
  25. All the colors are so pretty and so bright! I love them!
    And it's great to hear such a wonderful customer service story! Yay! :-)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They (and the Customer Services) are hard not to love - thanks a lot Yun!

      Slet
  26. Vivid colors, love the pink and purple.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are, and that's just like I love colors LOL

      Slet
  27. omg, you really want my poor heart to crash... awesome colors, i really don't know which one i would take first *.*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm not deliberately aiming at that, Zana, but maybe I should start setting up "not for Zana filters" LOL

      Slet
  28. You can wear any color chicky!! Doesn't matter if your 5 or 105!! What an awesome story and you know I love me some neons!! These are amazing and they didn't need undies?!? Even better!! Now I want to order from them just to see if I'll get leaky polish and some free neons!!! Lol

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, you are of course so right about that.
      I always do use a ridge filler, but they do not need a white color under them :)
      LOL you are so bad hahaha - but honestly, you'll love them!

      Slet
  29. These are so pretty, I can't help but wonder: Why do I not own than pink one already?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Exactly Sonja, why don't own Devotee already, I have been thinking the same ;)

      Slet
  30. Beautiful swatches! And what a customer service :)))

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot - and indeed it is a perfect CS :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...