Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 24. oktober 2015

Chanel Brun Sortilege - Sorceress 21 - made in France and in USA versions


Today I have swatches of the Made in France version of Brun Sortilege 21 and the Made in USA version of Brun Sortilege – Sorceress 21.

They could be from fall 1999, maybe older or slightly younger, but I have not been able to verify it!
I am wearing Brun Sortilege 21 (slightly darker) on my index and ring finger, and Brun Sortilege – Sorceress 21 (slightly lighter) on my middle finger and pinkie, both in two easy coats.
The slight difference in the dark brown color can be because of a lot of facts. I bought both mine as pre owned so has one been allowed to fade, the other not, has one been thinned etc. etc. But available pigments at the time they were produced also could be a reason – just as what pigments were allowed in France and which in USA.
No matter what it’s a classic and pretty brown, and I’m happy to have both in my collection.
Do you like these two versions of this old polish?
I'm happy to have both, but prefer the darker "Made in France" version...

Hundreds of indies: Indies & Co

My social media links: Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram

20 kommentarer:

  1. Both are very nice! It would depend on my mood which one I prefer so I won't choose :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yeah, you are right, they are pretty close!

      Slet
  2. Ficaram muito lindas!
    Deu até vontade de usar um tom assim.

    Bjim ...
    blog Usei Hoje

    SvarSlet
  3. Wow, they're very different. I totally understand why a collector would want both :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, but as I wrote - one can have been treated so that it has faded - who knows for sure...

      Slet
  4. I like the darker version, but I am irritated that brand like Chanel makes different polishes for different markets, but gives them the same name. I understand different products for different markets. Same name is the bit I find preposterous.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I wish you would re-read what I wrote in the text, then you will see they DO have different names ;)
      Also that the difference might have numerous reasons...

      Slet
  5. Hey mine is without any doubt the Brun Sortilege – Sorceress 21 ;)
    Kisses dear Maria!!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It also is very pretty, but it's difficult to decide LOL

      Slet
  6. Wow.... That is ever so lovely looking

    SvarSlet
  7. I'm not so keen on browns, but it's good to have them in your collection :-)

    SvarSlet
  8. Soooowww delicious! I will differentiate both shades as chocolate and dark chocolate...hahhha... :-)

    SvarSlet
  9. i prefer darker version too :D

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...