Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



onsdag den 7. marts 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Inspired by a book - inspireret af en bog

 
 

 
This is my first contribution to “Artsy Wednesday”, and the theme is favorite book or inspired by a book.
I have read so many great books, so I decided to go for the one I finished a few days ago. The authors are Danish, Øbro and Tornbjerg, and the book is a crime story, called Djævlens ansigt (Face of the devil), it’s one of those books, that are hard to put down, you need to know what happens next. The death of a young woman burnt alive in a car is the start of the book, and I was inspired by the cover.
The base color is Essie Licorice, I used acrylic paints for the fire and car – and I finished the design by adding a top coat.
Dette er mit første bidrag i udfordringen “Artsy Wednesday”, og temaet er favorit bog eller inspireret af en bog.
Jeg har læst så mange gode bøger, at jeg besluttede at bruge coveret fra den, jeg blev færdig med den anden dag. Forfatterne er Øbro og Tornbjerg, og titlen er Djævlens Ansigt. Det er en af de bøger, der er svær at lægge fra sig, for man skal liiige se, hvad der NU kser. Det er en kriminal roman, der tager sin begyndelse i en ung kvindes død, da hun brændes levende i en bil.
Grundlakken er Essie Licorice, og jeg har brugt acrylfarver til ilden og bilen – og jeg afsluttede med en toplak.

Check out what the other girls in Artsy Wednesday did in this weeks challenge, and remember we are spread over MANY time zones. It was Wednesday in Australia yesterday, so maybe Tif and I should post on Tuesdays: Michelle at Lab Muffin,  Alanna at Pretty Purple Polish, Holly at Hooked, Tif at Polished Genious, Lyndsey at Nails by Ms. Lizard

21 kommentarer:

  1. I can see the inspiration in your nail art,I love the orange on black and the little peak of silver through the flame :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Mimi, yes it's quite dramatic :)

      Slet
  2. wow, your fire is really dangerous ;-D
    love your challenge, the book seems interesting to, i've read something similar, only the man survived the fire... the book is The Gargoyle by Canadian Andrew Davidson, you'll love it... if you'll read it ;-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm burning hot and dangerous hahahaha - I might look in to that one, not that I like people getting burnt, shudder......

      Slet
  3. wow, great mani cute! great color.
    i have a question, my blog was polishenthusiast but ive changed to devilish polish, do you see devilishpolish on your dashboard, do you see my posts that ive done since Ive changed?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Kelly :)
      And no, you are "gone", you must have changed your URL too? I changes my blog name a bit a few days ago, but not the URL. Maybe you should change it back to your usual URL??

      Slet
  4. Great interpretation of the book cover!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Karen, I'm glad you like it!

      Slet
  5. I've always wanted try flame nail art. It didn't work out! Great job on the flames!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Ms. Lizard :) I don't know if you tried it with acrylic paint, that's way easier than with polish...

      Slet
  6. This Mani is burning HOT! That book sounds like a fantastic read

    SvarSlet
  7. I love books that just draw you in & u can't put down. Adding this to my must read list. Thanx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Tif, yeah, I had to keep the hands in water while I wore it LOL If it's translated, then you definitely should read it, at first there are a lot of "ball flying around in the air", but they slowly come together and each and every on of them falls into the same basket - so to speak :)

      Slet
  8. This looks great! I love that you even included the burning car. :)

    SvarSlet
  9. Your flames look amazing! Great job :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, they are fun and easy to do :)

      Slet
  10. Ohh, pretty! I really love when you do the combination of flames and a black background. It's so striking! I'm not very good at nail art, but I might have to try this sometime!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, sorry, forgot you, The Lacquer Tracker, flames are not nearly as hard to do as the look :)

      Slet
  11. Such a cool effect - great work!

    SvarSlet
  12. Thank you, hollysagemini, I'm glad you like it :)

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...