Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



onsdag den 14. marts 2012

Water lilies for Waterlily

 
 
Well when I decided to do flowers on Dior Waterlily, it really was a no brainer – it had of course to be water lilies. I painted them with acrylic colors, and I finished off with a coat of Seche vite. 
I'm not as pleased with them as my first water lilies, see them HERE, and in retrospect I’m annoyed with myself, I should have used pinks for the petals, I think that would have been better…
See the swatches of Dior Waterlily HERE
Ja, da  jeg besluttede at male blomster på Dior Waterlily, lå det jo lige for – det skulle da være åkander. Jeg malede dem med akrylfarve og afsluttede med Seche Vite toplak.
Jeg er ikke så tilfreds med dem som med mine første åkander, se dem HER, og bagefter ærgrer jeg mig over at jeg ikke valgte lyserødt til kronbladene, det ville have været bedre, tror jeg.
Se Dior Waterlily uden blomster HER

23 kommentarer:

  1. Dont be annoyed,these are very nice:)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Mimi, I'm glad you like them :)

      Slet
  2. love it, love it, love it :-D
    come and do my nails, Maria *.*

    SvarSlet
  3. love it, love it, love it :-D
    oh Maria, come and do my nails *.*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. OK, OK, OK, I hope you have a bed ready when I arrive, I need to rest first ;)

      Slet
    2. the bed is ready :-D
      are you?

      Slet
    3. I have lung inflammation, so I might have to wait a week or so ;)

      Slet
  4. very pretty, I love this mani! You did an amazing job.

    SvarSlet
  5. hver gang jeg prøver at klikke på dine "here og her" links kommer der en blog side hvor der står siden ikke blev fundet

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Det er vildt mærkeligt, det er åbenbart når jeg kopierer det fra et word doc. (og det ER de rigtige links), at det smutter, nu er det rettet, og tak fordi du gjorde opmærksom på det!!

      Slet
  6. Nice! Though I think I agree with you--pink petals might have been even better.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Karen, yup, I'm sure they would have been, thanks for agreeing :)

      Slet
  7. Your water lilies look fine to me. Much better than anything I could do! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, PrettyPurplePolish, 5-6 months ago I couldn't either, but I'm getting better ;)

      Slet
  8. Very pretty, and appropriate, considering the polish! I love how you do waterlilies. I do agree that more contrast between petals and background would be even better, though!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, The Lacquer Tracker, the next time I use my Dior, I'll try something pink :)

      Slet
  9. Beautiful green and the water lilies are fantastic! I really like the petals the way they are, though, I find the color palette very simple and refreshing!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, arfbalt, and you are right about simplicity often being more than less, so to speak...

      Slet
  10. You did great, this is gorgeous!

    SvarSlet
  11. Thank you, I'm glad you like it, ScarsLikeLace :)

    SvarSlet
  12. I like these water lilies and I like the other ones too. :-) Maybe here you could have put a little bit more of dark green near to your tips, to make some contrast. The flowers are beautiful, very artistic effect! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Raggio di Luna, yes, darker leaves would have helped a lot here :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...