Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 17. juli 2012

Hand & nail care routine - pleje af hænder & negle

I often have had the request to do a post about my hand & nail care routine from some of my wonderful readers - and finally I have gotten around to it, sorry for being so slow :) 
Flere af mine dejlige læsere har spurgt, om jeg ikke ville lave et indlæg om mine rutiner vedr. pleje af hænder of negle - og endelig har jeg taget mig sammen, undskyld, jeg er så sløv :)

Let's start with my hand cremes and lotions.
First of all I think the trick is to have several placed around your home - this way you actually remember to use them!
To the left you see Butter London Master Black Tea Luxury Lotion, it's a lotion in a practical slim container, that will not open in your bag. I use it on trips, rarely at home. It has a pleasant, fairly subdued black tea/herbal aroma.
The Luksus Håndcreme at the back is from the Danish drugstore Matas, it's a relatively inexpensive and good lotion, IMO not a cream as the label says. I use this after I have removed my nail polish and washed my hands. Before I apply my base coat I use rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad to remove grease from the nails, and when I have finished and am ready to photograph the mani, my hands look moisturized, but not greasy.
And then we have my lovely Burt's Bees hand cremes - that I ADORE!!! My all time favorite (because I'm a sucker for bananas) is "Beeswax & Banana". It has a pleasant, subdued banana aroma, natural NOT artificial. The "Almond Milk Beeswax" has a fairly strong almond oil aroma, neither overpowering nor artificial - I love them both, and I use them often through out the day.
Lad os starte med mine håndcremer og lotions.
Jeg tror det er vigtigt at have flere stykker placeret rundt om i hjemmet - på den måde husker du lettere at bruge dem!
Til venstre ser du Butter London Master Black Tea Luxury Lotion, det er en lotion i en praktisk, slank beholder, der ikke pludselig åbner sig i tasken. Jeg bruger den sjældent hjemme, mest på tur eller rejser. Den har en behagelig, ret diskret duft af sort te og urter.
Matas Luksus Håndcreme er efter min mening en lotion, ikke en creme, men det er en billig og god lotion. Jeg bruger den når jeg har fjernet neglelak og vasket hænder. Før jeg lægger grundlakken affedter jeg mine negle af med en vatrondel og propyl alkohol, og når jeg er færdig til at fotografere resultatet, ser mine hænder velpjelede ud.
Og så har vi Burt's Bees håndcremerne - jeg ELSKER dem!!! Favoritten er "Beeswax & Banana" fordi jeg er vild med bananer, det er en diskret og naturlig duft, IKKE kunstig of sød. "Almond Milk Beeswax" har en forholdsvis stærk duft af mandelolie, men den er ikke dominerende eller kusntig - jeg elsker dem begge, og bruger dem flere gange i løbet af dagen.
I let a finger/nail tip touch the surface, push it forward, until I have a pea sized ball of cream on the nail plate, and then I rub it into my hands. It's quickly absorbed, unless you use too much.
Jeg lader spidsen af en finger/negl røre overfladen let, skubber den let fremad indtil der er en ærtestor klump creme på oversiden af neglen, og så gnider jeg det ind i hænderne. Det optages hurtigt af huden, medmindre du bruger for meget.

If you have seriously dry hands, either of the above: Anjo Urtecreme or Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream can help you. I use them mainly as my hands night cream, but also during the day if I feel the need.
Hvis du har seriøst tørre hænder, kan en af de to på billedet hjælpe dig: Anjo Urtecreme (købes i Matas) eller Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream. Jeg bruger en af dem som mine hænders natcreme, men også i løbet af dagen, hvis der er behov for det.

Cuticle care!
I use Healthy Hoof for my cuticle night cream. I put a a little in a small container for my daily use and keep the rest in the fridge. I apply it liberately to my cuticles (and nails if naked) and don't rub all of it in. It's GOOD stuff (and cheap) originally for horse hoofs, I'll never be without it again. There are others with similar names, but Healthy Hoof is the one for me and many others!
My first cuticle cream was Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, also a really good product, but it lost to Healthy Hoofs.
Pleje af neglebånd!
Jeg bruger Healthy Hoof som min neglebånds natcreme. Jeg opbevarer den store bøtte i køleskabet og har lidt i en lille beholder til det daglige brug. Jeg bruger rigeligt af den på neglebånd og langs negle (og selve neglene hvis der ikke er lak på), jeg gnider ikke det hele ind, lader det selv trække ind. Det er et FANTASTISK produkt, oprindeligt brugt til hestehove, og jeg vil aldrig undvære Healthy Hoof igen. Der er andre med lignende navne, men Healthy Hoof er den rigtige for mig og mange andre!
Min første neglebåndscreme var Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, der også er er rigtigt godt produkt, men den tabte i kampen til Healthy Hoof. 

My favorite cuticle oils are China Glaze Orange Cuticle Oil and OPI Avoplex. Both have a lovely, but not dominating aroma. The China Glaze is quickly absorbed if your are on the way out the door, and the OPI is is great if you sit in front of the TV and want to do something with your hands. After I started using Healthy Hoof and am in a good cream routine, I don't use them as often as before. 
Mine yndlings neglebåndsolier er China Glaze Orange Cuticle Oil and OPI Avoplex. Begge har en dejlig, men diskret duft. China Glazen er hurtigt optaget hvis du er på vej ud af døren, og OPI'en er dejlig hvis du sidder foran fjernsynet og vil forkæle dig selv lidt. Efter at jeg begyndteat bruge Healthy Hoof og er kommet i en god rutine hvad håndcreme angår, bruger jeg dem dog ikke så ofte som før.

I do not at all push my cuticles on a daily basis. And when I do, it's always right after my shower when they still are soft. If needed I sometime nip the cuticles or use Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle remover, a great product.
My cuticle pusher is Leighton Denny Hoof Stick and my beloved glass file is also a Leighton Denny. Many call it the Rolls Royce of the glass/crystal files - and I agree, it works as fast as a metal file, and leaves the tips completely smooth and without shavings.
Jeg skubber slet ikke neglebånd hver dag, og når jeg gør, er det mens de stadig er bløde efter badet. Sommetider nipper jeg neglebånd, eller også bruger jeg af og til Sally hansen Instant cuticle remover, et virkelig godt produkt.
Min neglebåndsskubber er Leighton Denny Hoof Stick, og min elskede glas/krystalfil er også en Leighton Denny, der af mange kaldes neglefilernes Rolls Royce- og det er jeg enig i. Den er lige så hurtig at bruge som en metalfil og den efterlader spidserne glatte og uden sliberester.

45 kommentarer:

  1. Very accurate nail and hand care routine and amazing products!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Manases Andrea, I'm happy you liked it!

      Slet
  2. great products you use.. I use a lot of the same :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Polish AMOR, I really love all of them :)

      Slet
  3. Thank you for doing this post- it really gave me a list of products I would love to try! The Leighton Denny glass file sounds really good, because while I like my current glass file, it leaves ragged edges. I'm also interested in trying healthy hoof, and I'm REALLY keen on trying the Butter London Black Tea lotion- I'm crazy for black tea scents, so I've gotta try this!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL sound like one of those expensive posts then ;)
      But you will not regret it, thanks The Lacquer Tracker :)

      Slet
  4. What a fantastic and very useful post, thank you so much!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy you like it - thanks Rainbowify Me!

      Slet
  5. I don´t know any of these products. I like Lemony Flutter (Lush) and a cuticle oil from Kiko. Sometimes it is hard using all these products because of the lack of time. But the results usually are great!
    xoxo

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It took me a while to get into a routine, but now I do it automatically - and make each time a little "zen-moment" :)

      Slet
  6. Great post! Thank you for sharing!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Meredith Anne, I'm happy you like it!

      Slet
  7. Fab post hun, its great to know what products you use as ur hands always look in great shape x :-)

    SvarSlet
  8. i have never heard of healthy hoof, sound like a great product. Very interesting to see what products you use. Awesome post! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's easy to get in the US, and it's cheap, so you should try it - thanks Lydia!

      Slet
  9. Sikke nogle lækre produkter, og mange :-) Burts bees ser spændende ud, og det der Healthy Hoof. Hvor køber du de 2 produkter henne? :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tak skal du have Negle Lir - Burt's Bees har jeg købt i England, enten ved Bath & Unwind eller HQ Hair - og Healthy Hoof fra Ebay.

      Slet
  10. I use Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle cream and ChG Orange cuticle oil as well! =)) And now after reading your post I totally need to try Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana cream and Healthy Hoof cream as well! Thank you! =))

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL I'm sorry to have added to your expenses - but I'm sure you will love it as much as me - thanks Kvacka :)

      Slet
  11. I need to track down some of that Healthy Hoof!

    SvarSlet
  12. This is a fantastic post...thank you for sharing I've read about Healthy Hoof before it sounds like a real go-er!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Holly, I'm happy you like it - and it has done wonders for me :)

      Slet
  13. thanks for enlightening us ;-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. hahaha "some" nail crazy Croatian girls needs that hahahaha - thanks my friend :)

      Slet
  14. Thanks for sharing! I'm always interested in knowing what care products other bloggers use. You got some old favourites of mine in your line up.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Karen, It's fun to know that we share some favorites :)

      Slet
  15. Beeswax & Banana - lyder som noget jeg vil elske! :-) Hvor køber du Burt's?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Den er bare så lækker. Jeg plejer at købe i England, enten ved Bath & Unwind eller HQ Hair - og Healthy Hoof fra Ebay.

      Slet
  16. Thanks for sharing what you use! I moisturize all the time, after every hand wash. It's the only way to keep my hands from being dry and ugly on camera. :-)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha, yes we have to go more than usual to keep our hands photogenic - but I'm so much in the routine now, so I do it automatically :) Thanks, Yun!

      Slet
  17. Oooh thanks for sharing this! I love seeing what others use for their hands! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you drinkcitra, I'm happy to hear it :)

      Slet
  18. Svar
    1. You really should, they have amazing products, and most of them 99% natural.

      Slet
  19. I completely agree with you: if you put several hand creams in different places in your house, you will always be able to see one of them wherever you go and use them more regularly! I have some of them in the bathroom of course, one is on my night table close to my bed, one of them is together with my nail polishes... and I still don't use hand cremes enough...! :-)
    Healthy Hoof seems like very interesting stuff! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, we need visual reminders :) Healthy Hoof is a fantastic product.

      Slet
  20. Tusind tak christina, det tror jeg ikke du vil fortryde!

    SvarSlet
  21. Thanks for your wonderful post.Your post is different from the others.Its give more important to nail care.More interesting to read this type of blog.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, I'm happy you like it!

      Slet
  22. The hand nail care routine is shared on the psot here. Have a look at it

    SvarSlet
  23. Informative post on nail care.Nail care is essential as nails protect the tips of our fingers and toes.As beautiful nails make us feel great about ourselves.Thanks for sharing such a useful tips..
    Salon in Panchkula

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...