Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



søndag den 22. juli 2012

Pirate Polish – a new indie brand

 
Tara from from The Laquer Tracker and I very quickly became friends, and I have been fortunate enough to follow her first steps into polish making – and now her Etsy shop Pirate Polish is up and flying too. 
In the package I also found a Domo Kun madly in love with Radioactive (obvious reasons) and a little bear with a salmon in his mouth, carved of some kind of stone, thank you so much Tara!!.
So I’m excited to present the 4 I have chosen here today, the overall impression is convincing!
Tara fra The laquer Tracker og jeg blev hurtigt venner, og jeg har været heldig at kunne følge hende mens hun lavede de første Pirate Polishes. Du kan købe lakkerne i hendes Etsy shop klik HER
Med i pakken var der også en Domo Kun, vildt forelsket i Radioactive, ikke så mærkelig, og en lille bjørn med laks, skåret i sten, tusind tak Tara!
Så jeg er superglad for at kunne vise de 4 jeg foreløbig har valgt, og helhedsindtrykket er overbevisende!
Radioactive is a neon glitter with tiny pieces of yellow and green, it’s so bold, and I love it. I dries with a bit of texture, but with one coat of Seche Vite you have a smooth nail. Here it’s shown with Seche Vite, and on the ring finger you see it over The Buffster.
Radioactive er en neonglitter med små bitte stykker i gul og grøn, den er super frisk, og jeg er vild med den. Den tørrer med en lidt ru overflade, men et lag Seche Vite har du en glat negl. Her er den vist med Seche Vite, og på ringfingeren over The Buffster.
Poison Apple, 2 coats, no top coat. It’s a delicious apple/mint green heavily packed with multicolored micro glitter that reflects all kinds of colors – gorgeous. It dries with a little texture.
Poison Apple, to lag uden toplak. Det er en lækker mint/æblegrøn med en masse multifarvet mikro glitter, der reflekterer i mange forskellige farver – utrolig smuk. Den tørrer med en smule tekstur.


 
Poison Apple with Salt + Pepper – a jagged black and white (more like silver IMO) glitter in a clear base, and somehow it seems less noisy than most of its kind, this would be great with nail art on it. On the ring finger I sponged the tip with Radioactive, and finally I top coated with Seche Vite.
Poison Apple med Salt + Pepper – en sort og hvid/sølv glitter i en klar base, og den virker mindre urolig end flere andre i samme boldgade, jeg kan godt forestille mig den som base for nail art. På ringfingeren har jeg lavet en gradient med Radioactive, og til sidst topcoatede jeg med Seche Vite.

 
The Buffster is a gorgeous medium purple with a heavy load of shimmer – and a true one coater, here without top coat. It dries semi matte with a little texture, but a top coat makes it smooth and brings out all the nice shimmer.
I’ll show you The Buffster with nail art and Seche Vite later this week.
The Buffster er en smuk medium lilla med en masse shimmer – og en et lags, her vist uden toplak. Den tørrer semimat og lidt tekstur, men en toplak gør den glat og lokker al den smukke shimmer frem.
Jeg viser The Buffster med nail art senere i ugen, enten mandag eller fredag.

44 kommentarer:

  1. Uha, der er en lilla, nammenam!!! :-P
    Og så kan jeg godt lide at deres Salt+pepper, ikke direkte er en dupé af CTD. Pirate Polish har formået at give den et nyt twist, selvom den stadig henleder tankerne på den populære CTD.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Det er nogle rigtigt dejige lakker, og ja, den lilla er nammenam :)

      Slet
  2. These look very intresting,fell in love with Radioactive,its just gorgeous:)

    SvarSlet
  3. Oh man I love Salt + Pepper and Radioactive! This is the first I've seen of this indie brand, I'm liking it.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think mine are the first swatches, apart for the ones Tara made - it's really nice polishes :)

      Slet
  4. radioactive took my heart <3
    i love salt and pepper to, great job :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's such a gorgeous polish - but then again all of them are :)

      Slet
  5. "Radioactive" is too strong for my taste.. maybe this kind of nail polish but some other colour, I have to check her site... :-) I like "The Buffster" and "Salt+Pepper" :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You should, and in addition to making great polishes, she is a wonderful person too :)

      Slet
  6. The Buffster speaks to me! It speaks to me a lot! :)
    I'm not that crazy about the black/white toppers in general. They're... they're a bit too, yeah, noise may be the word I'm looking for.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hmmm, it's NOT my bottle speaking to you LOL it likes it here ;)

      Slet
  7. OHH Buffster is so wonderful!! they are all wonderful! Tara has done an amazing job with these! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha, I knew Buffster would be your favorite - and yes, she certainly did!

      Slet
  8. Oh! I really love Poison Apple! That is such a pretty color and it looks really nice on you!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Andrea, I like it very much too - and thank you :)

      Slet
  9. Wow! They´re very interesting polishes. And the litte Domo Kun is really cute.
    xoxox

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They most certainly are, and yes Domo is such a citiepie :) - thanks Lillibit :)

      Slet
  10. These are all really pretty, but I especially love Radioactive! ^.^

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Im' happy you think so too, and yes, I think it could be a real hit ScarsLikeLace :)

      Slet
  11. looks great, love those bottles

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. She has such a cool label - I love them too :)

      Slet
  12. These polishes look different than others or am I wrong? They are special, have a special effect. I like the last one.

    SvarSlet
  13. These polishes look different than others or am I wrong? They are special, have a special effect. I like the last one.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think they are, and I really hope that Tara gets a lot of success :)

      Slet
  14. Radioactive and The Buffster looks sooo amazing!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They most certainly do - thank you zebra-nails :)

      Slet
  15. The buffster is beautiful, I'm drooling over it!

    SvarSlet
  16. oooh I really like poison apple! Lovely swatches! :D

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are easy to fall in love with, thanks Yun!

      Slet
  17. Ooh how fun! I think I fell in love with The Buffster and Radioactive!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks drinkcitra, I really look forward to seeing what Tara comes up with in the future :)

      Slet
  18. wow all are soooo gorgeous! :)

    SvarSlet
  19. Tak Christina, og ja, det er det, der er så spændende ved alle de nye indie lakker ;)

    SvarSlet
  20. Thank you for being the first one to review my polishes, Maria! I'm so very happy that you like them (and have done such a lovely job of showcasing them, too!). And I'm happy that radioactive Domo has made a fellow Radioactive friend. ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I actually feel honored to be the first, Tara :)
      Those two radioactive guys have their own safe (for us) compartment LOL

      Slet
  21. These polishes are stunning! Thanks allot for introducing us to them. I think the buffster is my fave x :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. She is such a cool polish, I love her too, thanks CharlieDBeauty!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...