Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 7. juli 2012

OT: The Fallow deer - dåhjorten

Today I have an off topic post for you!
I run a very busy and extremely popular fast food restaurant. Families from far away come for an easy and delicious meal, and during summer it's sometimes very crowded, when 2-300 guests dine at the same time.
Unfortunately it's not a profitable business, because the customers forget to pay, but the joy of watching them is payment enough.
The name of the restaurant is McBirdie, and on the menu you find several kinds of seeds, fresh water, nuts, egg food etc. The guests wear feathers in all kinds of colors - they are birds!
I easily can serve more than 5-6 kilograms of seeds every day during the breeding season, so that's expensive, too expensive, I really could need a sponsor LOL
From time to time I get very unusual customers - the biggest customer ever (in size) is a young male Fallow deer, that visits McBirdie every night, and I know because our wildlife surveillance camera takes tons of photos of him when it's dark. A fallow deer is with it's mum the first year, but when she has her new calf the following year, it has to "move out"!
The other evening he was kind enough to arrive around 10, so I took around 200 photos of him through the window.
CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM!
I dag har jeg et off topic indlæg til jer!
Jeg driver en meget travl og ekstremt populær fastfood restaurant. Familier kommer langvejs fra for at nyde et lækkert og let måltid, og i sommermånederne er der sommetider trangt, når 2-300 gæster spiser på samme tid.
Desværre er det ikke en rentabel forretning, fordi kunderne glemmer at betale, men glæden ved at iagttage dem er betaling nok!
Restaurantens navn er McBirdie, og på menuen er der forskellige slags frø, frisk vand, nødder, æggefoder mv. Gæsterne er klædt i fjer i alle mulige farver - de er fugle.
Jeg kan let servere 5-6 kilo frø om dagen i yngletiden, det er dyrt - for dyrt, så jeg kunne god bruge en sponsor :)
Fra tid til anden får jeg mere usædvanlige gæster - og den største (i hvert fald i størrelse) kunde jeg hidtil har haft, er en ung dåhjort, der i tiden besøger McBirdie hver nat. Han har sikkert gået sammen med sin mor, hvilket kalve af dåvildt gør det første år, men når hun sætter kalv igen, så må man lære at stå på egne ben!
På nedløbsrøret på garagen kan du se et vildtkamera, der også tager billeder om natten, så jeg har mange fotos af ham, men den anden aften kom han allerede ved 22 tiden, så jeg fik taget godt 200 fotos af ham gennem vinduet i køkkenet.
KLIK PÅ BILLEDERNE FOR AT SE DEM I STOR STØRRELSE.
 
 
He is licking his mouth :) - han slikker sig om munden :)
   
The wildlife surveillance camera took this and many others the same evening. Vildtkameraet tog dette og mange andre i det samme tidsrum.
QUESTION: Do you want more OT Saturday posts (mostly animals) during July?
SPØRGSMÅL: Kunne du tænke dig flere OT lørdagsindlæg (mest om dyr) her i juli?

42 kommentarer:

  1. What a beautiful off-topic post! Definitely YES, I would like more of posts like this!
    I like the first photo very very much, you can see the fallow deer and all those little bird-houses around! :-) I guess it must have been exciting taking photos of him! :-)

    SvarSlet
  2. And about your little customers that don't pay for their lunch / dinner: they could pose to you so you could draw them on your nails too.. and yes, as a payment they could sing to you all day long! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Raggio di Luna, it is quite fun to have him, at least for now. And you are right, they could be models - and they do sing all day, starting very early :)

      Slet
  3. More post like this please!! It's so cute & I love hearing about the life of my favorite bloggers outside of nail polish. I love that first pic so much :) Animals are aways a good subject :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Your wish is my command LOL, thank you so much karen. Yes, the first pic is pure Walt Disney :)

      Slet
  4. awwww the deer is just adorable!! specially the picture where its licking his mouth :) i laughed so hard when i read the start of your post! McBirdie! love it! more posts like this please!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. u really had me believing for a second that you ran a restaurant...lol

      Slet
    2. LOL I am considering to expand my busyness worldwide, and chain of McBirdies worldwide ;) - I only need a lot of managers prepared to loose money hahaha - I like that licking his mouth picture too :)

      Slet
    3. Reading the first lines of your post also I thought that you have a restaurant... and little bit later... I loughed really loud! :-)

      Slet
    4. LOl you are so easy - (evil grinning)

      Slet
  5. Ej Maria, det var simpelthen et skide godt indlæg!! Jeg tænkte en restaurant - det har du da aldrig fortalt. Og kunderne glemmer at betale?? Du lader dem sgu da vel ikke gå, før de har betalt for maden??? :-O Og hvad er det iøvrigt for en mentalitet de mennesker har, bare at gå fra regningen...
    Nåh, det var fugle du skrev om :-D Og sikke en fin restaurant du har lavet til dem, jeg kan sagtens se hvorfor den er så populær :-)
    Jeg interesserer mig ikke det store for hverken fugle eller vildt. Men jeg elsker din måde at skrve på, så jeg vil elske hvis du laver nogle OT´er engang imellem :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hehehe, tuisnd tak Negle Lir - det vargodt jeg næsten fik taget r.... på dig ;)

      Slet
  6. Svar
    1. Det er når folk uopfordret skriver link til sin blog, måske spammer med en enslydende tekst - måske bare: Fed blog, besøg min og bliv medlem... - på en hel masse blog ad gangen...

      Slet
  7. Such a cute photos! :)
    I would like to read more posts like this ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Great, thank you zebra-nails - I have a canary, a hedgehog and mroe to tell about LOL

      Slet
    2. Can't wait to read about them ;)

      Slet
  8. When I read "The customers are wearing feathers..." I was like: "Wha...?" :D Cool pics - I'd like to see more of this! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. hahaha - got ya' ;) - thanks Rainbowify Me :)

      Slet
  9. Awesome post! I loved your intro, it had me really wondering " A fast food restaurant?? How did I not know about this?!" Haha, I love seeing the pictures of your "unusual" patron. Very cute! And YES, I definitely want more OT Saturday posts!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Got ya' hahaha - thanks The Lacquer Tracker, I will do a few more :)

      Slet
  10. Lol Maria, so funny I was imagining a HUGE McDonalds that would fit 300 diners in! Your pictures are so lovely, I would have been the same snapping 100's of pics.

    I would love to see some more off topic posts from you x :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It seem like my plan to fool you all worked well - thanks a lot CharlieDBeauty :)

      Slet
  11. Aw I liked seeing this :D lol I liked your intro to this post. I was like that's a lot of customers! haha

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL thank you drinkcitra, I'm happy you "bought it" for a few seconds ;)

      Slet
  12. awww deer is adorable...
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Hina Naz,and welcome to my blog!

      Slet
  13. Such neat pictures!!! Thank you for sharing!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Meredith Anne, I'm happy you like my OT post!

      Slet
  14. Yes, lovely to see these pictures!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Great, thank you so much Weekly nails :)

      Slet
  15. aww!!! the deer is so cute. What a nice different post.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. He most certainly is - thank you Beautyshades :)

      Slet
  16. What a cute deer! Thanks for sharing about your life! :-)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Yun, I'm happy you liked it :)

      Slet
  17. oh boy, i wish i had guests like yours :-D
    gorgeous pics, and young boy looks ready and willing to pose ;-D
    you're so lucky living so close to those gorgeous creatures

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, aren't most young boys hahahaha - thank you so much nail crazy!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...