Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



søndag den 22. maj 2016

MoYou London Plate Holder review and video


As a true MoYou London fan, I had to get the MoYou London plate holder for 54 plates, when it was released - but that was not a really good decision.

The biggest of their two plate holders fits up to 54 MoYou-London plates (6.5 x 12.5cm) and 6 extra in the side pockets. It measures 24 x 15 cm and the height is 7 cm, and it has a zipper fastening.
The price is £40.

My first thought was: I wish this would open up like a book with the front and back flat on the table.


The center part is removable, it has a strong velcro. As you can see some of the slots are smaller than others, and it was of course impossible to insert plates in those.
This obviously is a fault, but fortunately MoYou London has a return guarantee.

Then I started inserting plates.
Obviously the slots need to be tight, so that the plates do no fall out when you have used it a while, but it was difficult to insert the plates, very difficult - at least for me.
And I'm of course talking about the normal sized slots...
Some slots were worse than others, and I soon gave up.

I contacted MoYou London for help, but their advice was exactly what I already had done except for the "start with the middle slot" part....:
"Due to the production line, some plate holders might be slightly tighter than others. We recommend that you insert a plate into the middle slot first before the top and bottom ones and then leave the plates in for a while to loosen up the material.
We do know that it requires a bit of strength to insert the plates but the easiest way to do it is to insert one of the corners into the slot first so that the plate is in a horizontal position and then slide the rest in. After a couple of tries the slot should have loosened enough to make it easier to insert. You may also find that it helps to use small “up and down” movements to push the plate inside."


I tried again, and again...
I left plates sitting in the first page of the slots in the video for 2 days, removed them again and then I asked my husband to film me inserting plates.
I really tried to make it look effortless - but I couldn't...
The direct link to the video on Youtube is: https://youtu.be/ZT6EwwnPp4M

Maybe it would have become easier over time.
But even if it had worked effortlessly after a couple of tries, I still think it's a pity, that you cannot see the part of the plate hidden in the slot.
And it always would have annoyed me that it doesn't open like a book with front and back flat on the table like the traditional plate holders with see-through plastic pockets.

So thank you to MoYou London for helping me, for good customer service and taking it back - it is on it's way already!

Now my plates has returned to their normal home, the Bundle Monster nail stamping clutch organizer with room for 48 XL plates (2 in each pocket, 6 in each page), including the MoYou Londons and similar sized plates. I have two of them, this one is except for a few pockets full of my MoYou London plates, so I soon need one more!
The price is $18.99 - a third of the MYL price.

How about you?
Did you buy one of the MoYou London Plate holders, and did you have more luck with the slots?

1.400+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & Co
My social media linksFacebookPinterestInstagram and Youtube

24 kommentarer:

  1. That plateholder from MoYou doesn't look like a good thing at all. I have holders from BM for the smaller plates that is really good and I been thinking of getting more for the bigger ones.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You will love the one for the bigger plates too, it's sooo nice!

      Slet
  2. The plateholder from Mo You doesn`t look good... That`s a pity, because other their products are very good.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I also normally love all their products!

      Slet
  3. OK, I am sorry for your experience :( I'm hoping to have a better one 'cause my brother bought this to me for my b-day ^_^''

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I hope so too, I think I might have been really unlucky with the one I got, that the rest is fine - Please let me know what you think?

      Slet
  4. I don't even feel tempted to pay that kind of money for something that seems so difficult to use. I'm happy with my much cheaper little booklets from BornPrettyStore. They're not as fancy, but at least they're easy to work with :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, fancy is not always better, I agree!

      Slet
  5. Thank you for this review, that's a product I definitely will not purchase:)

    SvarSlet
  6. That's very disappointing when branded companies charge high under brand name and quality of product is inferior compared to other small or non-branded companies! It's good to know that they accepted your complaint!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, their customer service is good for sure!

      Slet
  7. Good that you wrote this posting. I really wanted that thingy just thought about that high price... But I really would hate it, so lucky for me you showed this. :)

    Love, Lotte

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm happy it helped your decision Lotte!

      Slet
  8. It's a pity that MoYou plate holder gives so much trouble, from the outside it looks very nice! :-)
    I definitely prefer Bundle Monster plate holder and generally stamping plate holders that have a transparent plastic pockets :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I was really sad about it - bu yes, the Bundle Monster is perfect!

      Slet
  9. Wow, that's bad. It is good that they accepted your complaint. It really looks too impractical and difficult to use. I prefer image plate holders to be like photo albums, and that Bundle Monster holder looks great.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, the photo album way is the best, also in my opinion!

      Slet
  10. Glad for the review you did! I wondered what it looked like on the inside & how it worked (or doesn't). Even if the slots were easier to use - I'm with you - don't like that it hides the images on the edges. Some people catalog their images and maybe that would be ok for them, but I still do the old fashioned, scan each plate with my eyes to find what I'm looking for. :)

    Nice review and inclusion of the resolution too!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so pleased you found it useful - and I too like the old fashioned way :)

      Slet
  11. Oh, Maria I'm sorry it didn't worked. I did not know this existed until recently when they lowered the price, I need some plate holders, and thought maybe... But now I definitely will spend my money wisely having seen your video and read your review! Than you so much sweetie for sharing your experience. xxx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm glad you found it useful - the Bundle Monster holders are available from prettypolish.com in Holland here in Europe...

      Slet
  12. thanks a loooooot for this review , I was wondering if I should buy it or not. I will keep my winstonia holder but probably buy the bundle monster one

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. The Winstonia is great, but the Bundle Monster is my favorite of all LOL
      I'm happy you found the review useful!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...