Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 5. maj 2012

Swatch Saturday - Essence Soul Sista & Fruity & Rebels collections - swatches & review

Left to right/v. mod h.: 05 Mojito Green, 01 Chilled Orange, 04 Totally Retro Nude, 02 James’s Favorite Brown and 03 Lounge Chair Affair - sun
Left to right/v. mod h.: 05 Mojito Green, 01 Chilled Orange, 04 Totally Retro Nude, 02 James’s Favorite Brown and 03 Lounge Chair Affair - indoor, flash

Left to right/v. mod h.: 05 Mojito Green, 01 Chilled Orange, 04 Totally Retro Nude, 02 James’s Favorite Brown and 03 Lounge Chair Affair - sun
Left to right/v. mod h.: 05 Mojito Green, 01 Chilled Orange, 04 Totally Retro Nude, 02 James’s Favorite Brown and 03 Lounge Chair Affair - flash
Soul Sista has 5 colors, see the coll. HERE (scroll on arrow to the polishes), and I bought them all.
All of them has a good opacity (some one-coaters) and they dry quickly and are easy to apply.
05 Mojito Green is a turquoise green (greener than on photos) with a very light golden shimmer. The finish is silky, neither shiny nor matte.
01 Chilled Orange is an orange/warm yellow cream, leaning towards a silky finish.
04 Totally Retro Nude is a warm-toned sand beige with a touch of brown and a light shimmer. Normal finish.
02 James’s Favorite Brown is a warm-toned chocolate brown with shimmer, almost leaning towards metallic.
03 Lounge Chair Affair is a coral/salmon (less red than on the photos) with golden shimmer and an almost matte finish. 
One Kiwi a Day + Banana Joe
 
From the Fruity Collection, see more HERE (scroll on arrow to the  nail polish),  I only bought two, and now afterwards I don’t understand why…
One Kiwi a day is a pale yellow-toned green with light green glitter in just the right amount, a one coater, and it dies fairly shiny and quick. 
Banana Joe is a sheer very, very pale yellow with subtle shimmer, and it looks like it’s prone to brush strokes, 2-3 coats would be OK. Dries quick with a normal shiny finish.

04 Rebelizer + 03 Peach Punk
04 Rebelizer + 03 Peach Punk
From the Rebels Collection, see more HERE ( use arrow to find the polishes) I bought 2 og the 4, the neons. They are easy to apply, dries quickly with a semi-matte finish "with a latex effect" - not sure  what that is though. They both have subtle shimmer, actually I think all 4 had..
04 Rebelizer is a  apple-lime kind of yellow-green color, difficult to describe
03 Peach Punk is a coral-peach-salmon kind of color

24 kommentarer:

  1. They are all very .... Mojito green is my fav

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Polish AMOR, it's a very pretty green!

      Slet
  2. I like the texture of the Rebelizer, it looks really cool. I'm not sure I'd actually buy the colour though. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's interesting, but in my book a new texture - and OH, I'm a strong color person LOL

      Slet
  3. oooohh the finish of the rebels. Sweeeeet! I love them ALL! very nice picks Maria! :) I cant wait to see them with some of your fantastic Nail Art! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks Lydz, as far as I remember - cough- cough, there is one (not one of those two neons) on it's way to "someone" in the US LOL

      Slet
    2. *i passed out!* :) aww that someone is too lucky!! You are amazing Maria! <3

      Slet
    3. I hope she thinks so LOL - she might be sooo disappointed :)

      Slet
    4. oh no i dont think theres a chance of that! :) haha <3

      Slet
  4. still haven't seen any of these in stores :-(

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. OK, then God is a little fair after all - the Croatian girls does not have ALL the fun after all LOL
      But in Denmark we do not have Essence at all :(

      Slet
  5. Banana Joe fik mig til at tænke på Floam! Men ej hvor er de alle altså fine... Ih er misundelig :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tak Doktor S, ja er altså osse glad for dem :)

      Slet
  6. Those Rebels ones are gorgeous!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks ScarsLikeLace, yup, they are gorgeous :)

      Slet
  7. I love both of the essence Fruity colours- they're awesome! I can't resist a super pale banana yellow, and the kiwi one is so unique! Gorgeous. Thank you for swatching!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL I have a "thing" for pala banana colors too The Lacquer Tracker, and Kiwi is really gorgeous, I simply had to have it!

      Slet
  8. I like them all, really. But Mojito Green, probably, I like the most ;).

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, zebra-nails, it's really nice, I can promise :)

      Slet
  9. So much good stuff! Mojito Green, Chilled Orange, and Rebelizer are my favorites.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks, Karen, yes, I sure am one lucky girl LOL

      Slet
  10. Tak Christina, jeg er osse rigtigt glad for alle de nye farver :) Essence har nye kollectioner hver/hveranden måned...

    SvarSlet
  11. Oh oh! I'm so jealous that you got your hand on some Essence TE ;) Especially One Kiwi A Day!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, you have to come and visit, you could try it on LOL, it's really nice :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...