Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



onsdag den 16. maj 2012

A twist on newsprint - newspaper nails - avis negle - Artsy Wednesday

 
 
 
Dansk, se længere nede.
Since I already did a tutorial on how to do newspaper – or newsprint nails, I decided to do ripped, folded and partially stuck newspaper, when I saw the title of this week’s challenge in Artsy Wednesday: Newsprint!
The base color is Catrice 020 Cotton Candy At Eiffel Tower (a sheer and shiny nude), I wanted a not really white. For the print I let the newspaper soak a longer time than in my tutorial – click HERE, I ripped and folded the pieces a bit, I rolled them for a longer time and left them sitting on the nail until some of the paper stuck to the nail before I carefully removed the rest. When dry I placed tiny flowers (painted in acrylic color) on the newspaper, like someone was working with flowers on newspaper…
Finally I top coated with Seche Vite – and later with Essie Matte About You, but I don’t really know which version I prefer… 
What is your favorite - glossy or matte?
Check out what the other girls in Artsy Wednesday did in this weeks challenge
Michelle at Lab Muffin,  Alanna at Pretty Purple Polish, Holly at Hooked, Tif at Polished Genious, Lyndsey at Nails by Ms. Lizard, Sofie from Swååfie, Catrine from Unnakednails, Jessica at Beauty Gnome 
This week Melanie at Nail & Polish, didn't have the time, but she'll be back next week!
Da jeg allerede har lavet en vejledning i avispapir negle/avistryk negle, besluttede jeg at rive, folde og lade avispapiret delvist sidde fast, da denne uges udfordring var Newsprint i Artsy Wednesday!
Grundfarven er 020 Cotton Candy At Eiffel Tower (en ret gennemsigtig og skinnende nude), for jeg ville have en farve, der ikke var helt hvid. Jeg lod avispapirstykkerne ligge i blød i længere tid end i min vejledning – se den HER, jeg rev  dem lidt i stykker og bukkede dem, jeg rullede dem lidt længere tid og lod dem sidde lidt på neglene indtil det øverste lag sad fast. Derefter fjernede jeg forsigtigt resten. Da det var tørt malede jeg blomsterne med akrylfarve, for at give indtryk af, at nogen var ved at arbejde med blomster på avispapir…
Først brugte jeg Seche Vite toplak, men så blev jeg enig med mig selv om også at prøve en mat finish, så jeg lagde Essie Matte About You ovenpå.
Jeg ved ikke rigtigt hvilken version, jeg bedst kan li’ – hvad synes du??

59 kommentarer:

  1. A manicure without flowers is not a maria manicure! Looks so lovely

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, I hoped I sneaked them in without anyone noticing - thank you mgiandzi :)

      Slet
  2. jeg er mest til den matte udgave...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Takker, Simone - jeg kan stadig ikke selv bestemme mig :)

      Slet
  3. How did I guess you'd incorporate flowers??? LOL well done, it looks very pretty :o)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Who, meee...? LOL - thank you so much Jessica ;)

      Slet
  4. this is VERY sweet :) love it xxx

    SvarSlet
  5. This is so beautiful!

    SvarSlet
  6. Very fun and cute mani,I like it:) I tried to the newspaper mani once but it was a total fail:(

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Mimi, you have to try again, did you see my tutorial..?

      Slet
  7. Aah, et dejligt forfriskende avis design :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Takker Swååfie, ja dem har vi jo næsten ingen af i dag, kun 9 plus det løse :)

      Slet
  8. That is so cute! I've been wanting to try that out for a long time!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you, Cee, it's so fun to do :)

      Slet
  9. great idea, love it *.*
    although the version with tc is more durable, i prefer mat version :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you nail crazy, if you Seche Vite on before the matte top coat, I think you are good :)

      Slet
  10. jeg er mest til den matte af dem, den er bare lidt mere sej eller hvad man nu kan kalde det ;)

    http://polish-life.blogspot.com/

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tak skal du have Astrid :)
      Ved du godt det er at link-spamme, når man skriver sit link i kommentarer på andres blogge, det er ikke så vel set :)

      Slet
  11. Jeg tror også, at jeg stemmer på den matte udgave, men jeg kan godt forstå, at du er i tvivl. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Tak skal du have Rainbowify Me, det er dejligt at andre osse er bare lidt i tvivl hahaha

      Slet
  12. This is cool. And what a great idea.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Paulina, I'm so happy you like it :)

      Slet
  13. Love the addition of the flowers. Makes it so whimsical!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Cathy, I'm glad you like it :)

      Slet
  14. What a beautiful version of newspaper print manicure, rich of flowers! Why the flowers don't surprise me? :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - I really don't understand why - thank you so much, Raggio di Luna!

      Slet
  15. I love that u ickuded flowers ;).. The contrast is very fun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you POLiSHED*GENiUS, I'm happy you like it :)

      Slet
  16. You do the darn prettiest flowers EVER!!

    SvarSlet
  17. This is such an unusual combination and you make it work, it's really neat! Great work :)

    SvarSlet
  18. jeg er også med må den matte udgave, så fint

    SvarSlet
  19. ohhh so gorgeous! :) love the twist and how brilliantly it goes with the artsy Wednesday tittle.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Lydz, I'm glad you like it :)

      Slet
  20. I love the effect on your thumb - the "V" shape of the newspaper words looks a bit like a braid! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you, LabMuffin, I like that "V" very much myself, and deliberately made it than way :)

      Slet
  21. OMG! This is beautiful! I love the twist on regular newspaper print!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, Fingers, I'm happy you like it!

      Slet
  22. Very creative! I haven't seen anything like this with the newsprint technique.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, KarenD, I'm very happy you think so!

      Slet
  23. This is really awesome! I love how these came out!!

    SvarSlet
  24. So creative! I love how this looks... I have only recently come across the newsprint nails idea, and it blew me away. I love how you added in the flowers- it's great!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you, The Lacquer Tracker, and yes, I accidentally added some flowers LOL

      Slet
  25. I never would have thought to combine flowers and newspaper print, but it looks amazing! Great job! :-)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you, Yun, The Polish Hideout, I'm so glad you like it!

      Slet
  26. Very cute! Good idea to use matte top coat :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so glad you like it Lani, thank you so much!

      Slet
  27. Svar
    1. Tusind tak Negletossen, det er jeg glad for at du synes!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...