Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 30. juni 2012

Aqua Daisy - my first indie polishes

I have been resisting the urge to buy indie polishes - but then one day I stumbled across a look-alike to my biggest lemming "Connect the Dots" by Lynnderella...
So I am now the proud owner of 3 polishes from Aqua Daisy - Etsy shop
Jeg har været standhaftig og modstået fristelsen - men en dag snublede jeg over en look-alike til Lynnderella Connect the dots...
Så nu er jeg den stolte ejer af mine tre første indie polishes fra Aqua Daisy - Etsy shop 

Beauty School Dropout is a lovely pale baby pink. It needs 2-3 coats and dries quickly with a somewhat rough surface, it is shown without a top coat. It has holographic micro glitter and hexagons plus black and white. It doesn't show it's sparkle very willingly, more in glimpses...

Succulet is a mint, leaning towards turquoise with 2 sizes of purple glitter. It need two coats, and dries pretty smooth and matte, but a top coat brings extra life to it. Here shown as is.

 
Me Too - well as far as I can tell (not being the proud owner of Connect the Dots, sob, sob) it's not a dupe, it lacks the square black pieces of glitter and could have more bar glitter, but it's still very pretty...
It is shown over a 3 different colors, It dries surprisingly smooth and shiny, but I would definitely top coat it with Seche Vite.
And I guess I still have a lemming called Connect the Dots...

34 kommentarer:

  1. Oh my goodness I LOVE succulent. Want.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much aimeeus, I think I need to do some nail art on it soon LOL

      Slet
  2. Love Me Too - I have two indy versions of CTD, but alas not CTD.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you - and welcome to my blog pkbmum :)
      I guess we are many lemming for CTD...

      Slet
  3. succulent is awesome *.*
    me too too ;-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, and seeing my swatches makes me want to use it soon LOL
      - so another lemming CTD - thanks Nail crazy!

      Slet
  4. Not sure I'm really fond of these polishes..the first one is not my thing. The last one whoever are kind of pretty!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm not too fond about the first either, have decided to put it on my for sale list. But I do like the other two - thanks NailTalk :)

      Slet
  5. Tusind tak Christina - jeg sætter den første til salg, den er lidt for bleg til mig, hvis du er interesseret...

    SvarSlet
  6. Uuuh den er lækker den mintfarvede. Og den der minder om CTD er bare et must i enhver laksamling. Jeg har været så heldig at få Sticks n stones som er en dupe :-P

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Ja, den er ikke så tosset - og heldige dig, der har S&S - den er sørme osse svær at få fat i...

      Slet
  7. omg these are beautiful! Great picks for first indie polishes! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, drinkcitra, I'm glad you like them!

      Slet
  8. ohhhh these are sooo beautiful! :)

    SvarSlet
  9. Very pretty- Succulent is nice, and the Connect the Dots dupe looks pretty similar to the real thing, as far as I can tell. Thanks for sharing these swatches! And congrats on taking the indie polish plunge!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much The Lacquer Tracker, I really look forward to taking the plunge into your soon to come Pirate polishes :)

      Slet
  10. Ooh beauty school dropout is gorgeous! Its a very 'me' colour lol x :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much CharlieDBeauty, and yes, this is really a great color for you :)

      Slet
  11. Succulent is gorgeous! Love it!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot, I really think I need to use that for my many today...

      Slet
  12. Oh these are so lovely!!! :D

    SvarSlet
  13. I love the black and white glitter!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot Polish and Charms - Me Too - LOL so to speak ;)

      Slet
  14. The color combination in Succulent is so very me. I see so many indie polishes I want; it's probably a good thing there's a limited supply or I'd be in real trouble. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I like it a lot too, thanks Karen - and yes there are really many indies and more and more seem to emerge...

      Slet
  15. I don't have any indie polishes yet, but there are a few that I have my eye on. I like your choices, especially Beauty School Dropout! :-)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's so easy to get tempted LOL - I'm happy you like them!

      Slet
  16. I am not so crazy about nail polishes that have "pieces" like bars, hexagons or something similar, but I have to admit that I really like Mee Too, especially seeing it on both blue colours! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - I'm not a glitter person - or I do love them, but hate to remove them, all though I do know how to, it's too long for my patience, so I tend to limit the use.
      But I do have a weakness for bar glitter - I LOVE it hahaha

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...