Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 12. juni 2012

Pink flowers on peach & brown - out of my comfort zone

 
 
 
I set out to swatch Catrice 520 Apropos Apricot (a colur that brings me out of my comfort zone) and review it, but I was a bit disappointed that it looked a bit streaky after the 2 coats, that the polish tells me to apply, but it did dry quickly. So I figured that the slightly metallic brown Essence James’s Favorite Brown from the Soul Sista collection would look nice on it, if I sponged it randomly. Then I painted baby pink flowers and added a few green leaves with acrylic color and finished with Seche Vite Top coat. What do you think…?
Jeg ville egentlig swatche Catrice 520 Apropos Apricot (en farve, der ikke rigtigt er mig) og anmelde den, men jeg var lidt skuffet over det noget stribede resultat jeg endte op med efter de 2 lag som lakken siger er nok. Men så tænkte jeg at den let metalbrune Essence James’s Favorite Brown fra Soul Sista kollektionen nok ville se pæn ud sammen med, så jeg duppede den på med en makeupsvamp i et tilfældigt mønster.  Derefter malede jeg nogle baby-lyserøde blomster og et par tilfældige blade med akrylfarve og sluttede af med en toplak, Seche Vite. Hvad synes du…?

47 kommentarer:

  1. So pretty. Love the catrice shade.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Beautyshades, I'm glad you like it!

      Slet
  2. The base color maybe is not the prettiest in the world, but I think that your flowers are amazing, as alwats! ;)

    SvarSlet
  3. *alwaYs
    P.S. Note to myself: read before publish :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha, this made me laugh, don't worry, I "alwats" appreciates you comments zebra-nails ;)

      Slet
  4. I love that apricot color...it looks gorgeous on you. The flowers are beautiful too. Love this mani!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. ahhhh, I'm not quite sure, you are right LOL, but maybe it's just in my head :) Thank you kelly :)

      Slet
  5. I'm a sucker for peachy shades. This mani reminds me of some pretty flowers planted in a teracotta pot ^_^

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL, you are right, I can see it too :) - thank you KawaiiKagura, I'm happy you like it :)

      Slet
  6. jeg elsker fersken/coral farver, men det er ikke lige altid de ser pæne ud på mig. Men jeg synes der er pænt sammenspil mellem de farver du har valgt :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Heheh, nå heller ikke på dig - men tusind tak, det gik lige an det her ;)

      Slet
  7. wow these are so pretty! i love the pink against the peachy base

    SvarSlet
  8. Aloha my friend :)Different than what you may be used to but still a gorgeous mani,I love it:)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aloha - tickes are in the mail ;) - thank you so much Mimi!

      Slet
  9. love the peachy base color... :)

    SvarSlet
  10. It's not like Catrice to make streaky polishes. Peach is definitely not my colour either, but you manage quite well to make it yours. Kudos for that! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. No, I know, but I have seen several similar reviews of Apropos Apricot - and thank you, I'm so happy you like it!!

      Slet
  11. This combination looks great to me!

    SvarSlet
  12. i'm not too excited about Apropos Apricot... but you made it look so much better with sponging and those gorgeous flowers, so i love the final result *.*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Lol, it looks like a lot of us aren't - but I'm happy you like the final result :)

      Slet
  13. I love the peach and brown combination! I think it makes a great base for your flowers.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much, The Lacquer Tracker :)

      Slet
  14. Not really fan of the peachy colour but you are so good at what you do! Never get bored of the beautiful nailart you make!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL join the club! Aww, what a sweet thing to say, thank you NailTalk :)

      Slet
  15. Your flowers are always beautiful. Way to make a color you didn't like into something awesome. :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Nidia - I'm so happy you like it!

      Slet
  16. Tusind tak, Christina, det er jeg glad for at høre :)

    SvarSlet
  17. Thanks a lot Polish and Charms :)

    SvarSlet
  18. Beautiful! I love this peach Catrice polish! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you IsaBella, I'm glad you like it!

      Slet
  19. Oh these are just so pretty!!!! :D

    SvarSlet
  20. Apropos Apricot is not exactly my type of colour, but this is only my personal taste... I think you made it look much better adding the metallic brown on it... and then, there is a flower that makes everything adorable! :-)

    SvarSlet
  21. Very pretty! Love the colors you chose to go with the peach Catrice polish. :-)

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Yun, I'm glad you like it!

      Slet
  22. i like this color combination that you used. :)

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...