Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



onsdag den 12. september 2012

Drag marble galaxy - Artsy Wednesday

 
 
 
If you google galaxy photos you'll see that galaxies look very different, so I decided to make somewhat untraditional galaxy nails using dragmarbling in this weeks Artsy Wednesday challenge.
The base colors are dark blue: Essie Midnight Cami, black A-England Camelot and the cobalt blue is China Glaze Eyes Like Sapphires. The galaxy's are created with a thin brush and a variety of glitter polishes and a few acrylic colors, and the top coat is Seche Vite.
Check out what the other girls in Artsy Wednesday did in this weeks challenge
Michelle - Lab Muffin,  Alanna - Pretty Purple Polish, Tif - Polished Genious, Lyndsey - Nails by Ms. Lizard, Melanie - Nail & Polish, Jessica - Beauty Gnome,  Emily - An Accent Nail, Kamen - Kaka Beauty Blog, Catrine - Unnakednails

Hvis du googler galakse billeder, vil du opdage at galakser ser meget forskellige ud, så derfor besluttede jeg i denne uges Artsy Wednesday at lave lidt utradionelle glaksenegle ved at bruge drag marbling (man drypper dråber af andre farver i den våde lak og trækker dem i minstre med en pensel eller nål).
Grundfarverne er mørk blåsort: Essie Midnight Cami, sort A-England Camelot og den koboltblå er China Glaze Eyes Like Sapphires. Til galakserne brugte jeg flere forskellige glitterlakker, nogle få akrylfarver og en tynd pensel. Toplakken er Seche Vite!

59 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. I'm so happy to hear it, thanks a lot Shannara :)

      Slet
  2. I think I like the second one(lighter blue) the most. Very pretty

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's the most "Milky Way" galaxy, I think I prefer the one on black... - thanks NailNarcotics :)

      Slet
  3. OMG these are amazing!! I love the non-traditional galaxy mani look!

    SvarSlet
  4. I think my favorite is the last one.I tried to do this once but didn't work :0). Will try again.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much BeautyShades, the trick is to have the polish really wet when you drip polish on it and swirl...

      Slet
  5. I like all of them!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's so nice to hear, thanks a lot zebra-nails :)

      Slet
  6. Svar
    1. I'm so happy you like them, thanks a lot Irmak!

      Slet
  7. awesome! my favorite is... wait, i really can't decide, love all of them, they are a bit different than what we used to see on blogs but that makes them more unique and artistic... love it :-D
    would love them even more if they were on your nails ;-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - I'm happy you like them all. And yes, I know, but I was running short of time, so this was the only option for me :)

      Slet
  8. Cool I like that technique! It looks like pictures that the hubble telescope takes!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh woow, now I'm blushing, what a compliment, thanks a lot Ms. Lizard!

      Slet
  9. Det skulle du prøve - tusind tak Christina!!

    SvarSlet
  10. Your untraditional galaxy is really nice :-)

    SvarSlet
  11. These are all amazing but the Black one is by far my favorite! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Mine too LOL - thanks a lot Pixie~Nails :)

      Slet
  12. Amazing galaxy nails!! They're so futuristic :)

    X

    SvarSlet
  13. Wonderful galaxy nails! I never get tired of seeing them. My favourite ones (according to the first picture) are the first, second, and last galaxies. I can totally imagine these as actually galaxy pictures. :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. If I were to pick 3, those would be the ones LOL - thanks a lot Tara!

      Slet
  14. They all look so gorgeous, especially the white galaxy over the dark blue! Wow! :D

    ~ Yun

    SvarSlet
  15. Ooh wow, they're gorgeous. My favourite one is the first one on the left :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Mine too LOL - thanks a lot Rainbowify Me :)

      Slet
  16. This is something I have been itching to try! I love how you dry marbled and did the galaxy design... both awesome techniques to put together! I love it :P

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much Karen, I'm so glad you like it!!

      Slet
  17. My favourite is the first galaxy from the right (on first and last photo), beautiful colours! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy you like them, thanks a lot Raggio di Luna :)

      Slet
  18. what a great idea maria! You're so artistic, i envy you :)

    SvarSlet
  19. the black one is very beautiful! :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so very much Lydia, I'm happy you like it too :)

      Slet
  20. Love the black one and the lighter blue ones....but really, they are all stunning!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I like those two a lot myself, thank you so much Gottwinkies :)

      Slet
  21. Very untraditional indeed, I don't think I've seen drag marble galaxies before!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Neither have I, so I'm happy you like it LabMuffin :)

      Slet
  22. Great work Maria. Some of them look perfect!

    SvarSlet
  23. Very nice...would like to have seen it on your nails

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Me too, but I mixed the challenges up, so by the time I noticed, I ran out of time :)

      Slet
  24. Whoa these look so cool! Love them :D

    SvarSlet
  25. LOVE the use of the fine glitter in this mani maria! xx

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm so happy to hear it, thank you Catrine :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...