Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 8. november 2016

Moyra stamping plates review


A suitable sub-title could be “From frustration to everlasting and true love…”

I got my first Moyra plates when I was very new to stamping, and I wasn’t very happy with the pick-up. At some point I actually decided to sell them – but fortunately I didn’t, mostly because I loved to look at all their wonderful and unique patterns.
And then one day I tested them again – and wow I got perfect pick-ups from all plates except from plate 05 Vintage – and I still have problems with more patterns on that one.

But I love my 18 other Moyra plates.

Moyra is located in Budapest in Hungary, but does not sell outside Hungary. They do however have a lot of retailers all over the world selling their plates, polishes and more. 

Each plate has it’s own very gorgeous cardboard sleeve with name and number. The plates have a blue protective film and a foil on the back side. The edges are nice and smooth.

The plate size:  14.5 x 9.5 cm.
The pattern size is 2.0 x 1.7 cm – or larger.
The price varies from country to country – in USA the price is $9.49 - $10 or there about.
The etching is shallow, but in the good way, the fine lines and details are amazingly well etched. 
Once you get the hang of using these gorgeous plates, they give you PERFECT pick ups also in the super thin/fine lines...
Where to buy: Google Moyra stamping plates, and you will get a lot of hits, probably also in your country!

Let's meet my 18 plates - click on them to enlarge the photos!
02 Fabric and 03 Ornaments

04 Animalistic and 05 Vintage (the only plate giving me problems).

06 Florality and  07 Labyrinth
The base is Glam Polish Hibiscus Hideaway stamped with the duochrome Jolifin Flip-flop Ocean, plate Moyra 06 Florality 1, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

The base is Isadora City Light stamped with Hit The Bottle Teal-riffic (middle nails) and Poison Apple, plate Moyra 06 Florality 1, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

The base is Emily de Molly Reflection stamped with Dance Legend 6 Yellow Stamping Polish, plate Moyra 07 Labyrinth, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

09 Celebration and 10 Florality 2

13 Sweet Dreams and 14 Moments

Jost LOOK at those details - it's like black white photos - I'm sooo impressed.

15 Lacelove and 16 Memories

The base is A England Polovetsian Dances stamped with Dance Legend 6 Yellow (stamping polish), plate Moyra 16, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

The base is Enchanted Polish September 2014 stamped with El Corazon stm-52 Egyptian Scarabaeus, plate Moyra 16 Memories (butterflies) and 27 Dreamology (birds), stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper. 


19 Maharaja and 23 Vanity

The base is Glam Polish Nancy Downs stamped with Dance Legend 8 Mint, plate Moyra 23 Vanity, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

24 Primavera and 26 Summertime

Base Color Club Over The Moon stamped with MoYou London Black Knight, plate Moyra Primavera 24, stampers Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly stamper on index and middle on ring and pinkie MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

The base is Cirque Besos stamped with Jolifin Snow White, plate Moyra 24 Primavera, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

The base is Il Etait Un Vernis Peace, Love and Chill stamped with Moyra Blue SP05, plate Moyra 26 Summertime, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

27 Dreamology (oooh I love that plate) and 28 Femme Fatale

The base is Moyra Limoncello 622 stamped with Moyra Baby Pink SP19 and the pastel blue is Colour Alike B. a Blue Sky, plate Moyra 27 Dreamology, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

The base is Chanel Mythique 512 stamped with Ya Quin An Gold, plate Moyra 27 Dreamology, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

The base is Colors by Llarowe A Galaxy Far, Far Away stamped with Daschica Stamping Polish White, plate Moyra 27 Dreamology, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

29 Waterworld
The base is Il Etait Un Vernis Captain Blue Sky stamped with Moyra White SP07, plate Moyra 29 Waterworld, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

So, what do I think?
Pros: I love their unique patterns – like in love them to bits! Their fines lines are so me, and stamp perfectly.
I LOVE the cardboard sleeves they come in – each plate has it’s own very beautiful sleeve with name and number.
The patterns are so beautiful, and many of them are very unique too!

Cons:
I cannot really think of any!
But as mentioned I had problems with Moyra plates as a very new stamper. My advice is however: Don’t let that hold you back, if you train stamping on paper etc. you too will get the hang of these wonderful, wonderful plates…

Would I like to buy more? Try to stop me!
Final conclusion: In my world they are perfect – and in my Top 3 alongside UberChic and Creative Shop!

Do have any Moyra plates - and do you also love them?


I hope you enjoyed this NON SPONSORED review.


To see other stamping plate and stamping gear reviews, just click the "stamping nail art and gear" link below...

1.500+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & swatches

28 kommentarer:

  1. I have one plate by Moyra, the one you have problems with. It stamps OK, I guess, this one of mine, but I've noticed it's etched deeper than f. ex. Polish plates by B. Loves Plates, and collecting of a nail polish goes differently.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Mine must have been from bad batch - but I love all the others!

      Slet
  2. I love their designs, and the plates and images are so large. I see that they have some new ones. I'll have to check those out.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I also am getting some of the new ones - and a new release just around the corner...!

      Slet
  3. How many pretty photos, colours and designs here..I have never tried this brand but you're tempting me!!!!!!

    SvarSlet
  4. Wow, these are amazing! :)

    Love, Lotte

    SvarSlet
  5. Que maximo lindas unhas amei as carimbadas, obrigado pela visita.
    Blog: https://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    SvarSlet
  6. I've got some Moyra stamping plates as well. I haven't experienced problems with them, and the main reason that I hardly ever use them is that the motifs are way too big for my nails :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think even if they are big - it's fine to use just part of the pattern - liken in full pattern plates - I love them so much!

      Slet
  7. Great plates and some lovely designs! :-D

    SvarSlet
  8. Maria, I'm really love those cards with the same theme of the plates.
    And also the plates are very uniques. I'm not have anyone, but I wanna it.
    Love you post.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I hope you get some - they are wonderful!
      Thank you so much :)

      Slet
  9. Patterns are very unique and details are just amazing! What a fantastic review!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, I'm happy you found it useful - thanks a lot!

      Slet
  10. The patterns look amazing! I will google them for sure:)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I hope you give them a try - but be prepared for addiction :)

      Slet
  11. I'm so happy to read this!! I have been wondering if I should try this brand -- their images are stunning!! And, now with your stamp of approval and helpful information....I will order soon! Thanks!! Lovely review as always and beautiful nail art along with it!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, the images are really stunning - I cannot wait to see what plates you choose!

      Slet
  12. My favourite stamping plates are Florality and Sweet Dreams, so many beautiful patterns! :-) My favourite stamping is the last one in a row :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much - and well I love all the plates hahahaha

      Slet
  13. Argh... is there a way to make you stop reviewing plates that I totally want to have after reading about them? :D

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...