Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 5. oktober 2013

Chanel Gold Shimmer 179 swatches and comparisons - Chanel Saturday

Today it's a new Chanel Saturday together with my friend Elena from PicturedTinsel, and I chose to show Gold Shimmer, because when I bought it pre-owned, Elena said: “Yikes that is so ugly” :)
BUT my mission is to show swatches of as many Chanel polishes as possible, regardless if I like them all or not!
Chanel Gold Shimmer 179 – is from the Coromandel de Chanel coll., fall 2005.
It’s a pearly nude/red gold shimmer/metallic, prone to brush strokes. 
This is 2 coats, OK dry time, but I added a top coat too smooth out the brush strokes a bit.
I dag er det igen Chanel Saturday sammen med min veninde Elena fra PicturedTinsel, og jeg har valgt at vise Gold Shimmer, fordi da jeg havde købt den brugt, sagde Elena: ”Føj, den er så grim” :)
MEN min mission er at vise så mange Chanel lakker som muligt, selvom jeg ikke selv synes om dem alle!
Chanel Gold Shimmer 179 – er fra Coromandel de Chanel koll. fra efteråret 2005.
Det er en perlemor-pudder-rødguld farve med shimmer, der er svær at lægge uden penselstrøg. Dette er 2 lag, men jeg anvendte en toplak for at bedre lidt på strøgene fra penslen.
-and a comparison...
Golden Sand is a bit darker than Golden Shimmer and Métal Roux is a bit more golden
Is Gold Shimmer a hate or love color for you?
I wonder what Elena is showing us today, probably not Gold Shimmer ;)
Later today I have swatches of Chanel Suspicious, and tomorrow of Eastern and Western Light!

Er Gold Shimmer en farve du hader eller elsker?
Jeg gad nok vide hvad Elena viser os i dag, skal vi gætte på at der ikke er Gold Shimmer ;)
Senere i dag viser jeg swatches af Chanel Suspicious, og i morgen af Eastern and Western Light!

31 kommentarer:

  1. No comments ;DDDD

    Hugs,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha - in this case I'm happy :)

      Slet
    2. So, the only unhappy person's my lawyer. When I first saw your post this morning I thought: I don't say anything without my lawyer. :DDDD

      Slet
    3. Hahaha, you are too funny - you poor lawyer ;)

      Slet
  2. I must admit that I don't really like it either, haha!! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's a bit different for sure - and I know that you do not like gold polishes as such :)

      Slet
  3. This is not my colour but it's not that ugly :)
    Have you try to contact chanel head quarter? Maybe they might know every info you need about their lacquers collections ^^

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I agree, not that ugly - and no I haven't, I have imagined that they are swimming in mails like that, but I have decided to give it a go sometime soon, but thanks for poking me, it might work :)

      Slet
  4. hi maria,

    '179 gold shimmer' is from the 'coromandel de chanel collection' of 2oo5A (autumn).

    (http://chahevu.blogspot.de/p/chanel-ubersicht-swatches.html)

    your bottle is the european version.

    I like the color.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yayy, thank you so much C.M., I have now corrected that in the text above and in my Chanel List - the European version has white text the US black text, is that true...?

      Slet
    2. no, on some american bottles following was printed:

      first line: 179
      second line: gold
      third line: shimmer

      I just bought such a bottle.
      when it arrives, I can take a picture.

      Slet
    3. Ahh, OK, that was very enlightening, thank you so much!!

      Slet
  5. Not one of my favourites to be honest.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It definitely is a color that most either hate or love I think :)

      Slet
  6. I know that you love Chanel but I don´t like this colour.... *lol*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I know that you love Chanel too - it's not my favorite color either - fortunately there are colors for everyone :)

      Slet
  7. Nice polishes. Golden Sand is my favourite.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I think of these 3, that is my favorite too :)

      Slet
  8. This one is not for me :-) Surely I would be able to make some nail art manicure using it as a base, but I don't think I could wear it "alone" on my nails :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Neither could I, but it could be a great base for nail art...

      Slet
  9. I agree, this polish isn't my kind of polish :P it's kind of an awkward orangey-pink-copper color. Could be great for stamping or nail art though!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Well, I'm happy to have this old lady in my collection - but she isn't my favorite for sure :)

      Slet
  10. Beautiful! I feel like I can't pull off these kinds of polishes very well, but I still enjoy their beauty! :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It can be a bit difficult to pull off, I agree :)

      Slet
  11. It isn't my color but it looks good on you..

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think I have to agree, even if it isn't really my color either ;)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...