Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



torsdag den 30. juni 2016

Vivid Lacquer stamping plates VL 006, VL 024 and VL 033 – review and swatches


When the sweet Katarina from Edgy Polish asked me if I would like to try some Vivid Lacquer plates, I instantly said YES, because I already had been eyeballing some of them in her shop ;)


The plate size is 7 x 8 cm, and the patterns are 2 x 2 cm, some bigger and some smaller as you can see in the photos below.
They are pleasant to touch, and this is what the back looks like, cute, isn't it:

The stamper I used is my test winner (see test HERE) UberChic XL clear stamper - also available from Edgy Polish.

Let's begin with Vivid Lacquer plate VL 006 - click on the photos to enlarge them...
For the test of plate VL 006 my base is Morgan Taylor Mint Chocolate Chip. I stamped with Hit The Bottle I Blue It All On Polish. I was clumsy with my ring finger, I'm sorry about that...

Vivid Lacquer plate VL 024
For the test of plate VL 024 my base is Golden Rose Rich Color 38, the stamping polish is El Corazon Foil Effect f-05.

Vivid Lacquer plate VL 033:
For the test of plate VL 033 my base is Morgan Taylor Berry Perfection. I stamped with El Corazon st-02 white, and I added a dot of yellow as the center of one of the flowers.

I also have plate VL 009, so I thought I would show it to you.
But it is sold out in Katarina's shop at the moment; I will on a later occasion show you stamping nail art using that plate...

My conclusion:
Etching: They are just a little on the shallow side - but still easy to use if you have just a little experience.
The only pattern that I have problems with is the tiny daisy on VL 033 (lower right corner), I could not get a decent pick up of it, I tried several times and also different stampers. But it's probably just because I'm still a stamping newbie ;)
Patterns: I like the patterns, and I love that some patterns and themes vary in image and size on certain plates, like for instance the dandelions and soap bubbles, so that there are patterns for all nail sizes...

Do you own any Vivid Lacquer stamping plates?
What do you think of them?

You can get them from Edgy Polish - direct link to the Vivid Lacquer plates HERE!

1.500+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & swatches

20 kommentarer:

  1. How pretty are these plates!?!? You've done a very pretty stamping here!Smuack

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, they are super pretty - thank you so much dear Marghe!

      Slet
  2. I really like the look of that last plate. I think I need to put it on my wish list! :)

    SvarSlet
  3. Very beautiful manicures! :)

    SvarSlet
  4. cool designs, love your stamping :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot, I'm so pleased to hear it!

      Slet
  5. I like all the stamping plates that you showed us and my favourite manicure is the last one, maybe because of beautiful colour contrast... or maybe because of that floral pattern..? I also love that peacock feather! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL maybe both - it's also my favorite and most "me" of them all ;)

      Slet
  6. Pretty patterns and nice stamping. Liking your colour combos too :-D

    SvarSlet
  7. Super nice plates! I loved specially the green manicure!

    SvarSlet
  8. Oh boy, more things to put on my wishlist ;)
    I LOVE the way that feather looks on your nail and the colors for that manicure are beautiful! Of course, as usual, I'm still impressed how fast you mastered the art of stamping :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that feather is super gorgeous!
      Aww, thank you so much - I still feel I suck at it :D

      Slet
  9. They are very beautiful plates. I loved first and last manis a lot! Too good! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are, aren't they - I'm so pleased you like them!

      Slet
  10. I was looking forward to seeing this post. Some of my first plates were VL's...and I still love them to this day. I know what you mean about almost too shallow - but sometimes that works best for me (have no clue why). Lovely review!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's interesting how different plates work differently for different people.
      The medium ones like MoYou London, Bundle Monster, Born Pretty Store and many others - are the ones that work best for me...

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...