Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 11. oktober 2016

Messy Mansion stamping plates review


Today I have a review of some Messy Mansion plates from the Valareign, Tristaenia, Symetrika and MM collections.
Messy Mansion is located in Australia – but if you are outside Australia, they ship from the US.  Their plates also are sold from various retailers.

I get a bit confused when I look at their selection of plates, but the plates named: Crystal Plates, Leadlight Lacquer Image Plates, LilyAnna Plates, MM Series Plates, Symetrika Plates, The Bridal Nail Image Plates, Tristaenia Plates and Valareign Plates all are Messy Mansion plates created by Julia.

The plates come individually packed. They have a blue protective film and have a plastic backing with the collection name printed on them. The print is however not not acetone resistant.
The plate size:  is 6 x 12 cm
The pattern size varies a lot – many plates are full pattern plates, and in Tristaenia collection you find the same pattern in both negative and positive space – that’s rather clever and gives a lot of possibilities.
In the Valareign collection pattern size varies in cm between 2x2, 0.5x2.2, 2.7x2 and on plate 04 the patterns are 1.5x1.5 and some larger and some bigger.
In general the patterns in the Tristaenia and Valareign collections are very big, I would have preferred them smaller.
The price varies depending on size and collection.
The etching is medium depth – the plates are easy to use for both beginners and experienced stampers.
Where to buy: From Messy Mansion and from stockists.

Let's meet the Valareign collection:
The base is Lacquester Dragon Shield stamped with Hit The Bottle Drop Red Gorgeous, plate Messy Mansion Valareign 01, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

And the Tristaenia collection:
The base is Picture Polish Tingle stamped with Hit The Bottle Purple Reign, plate Messy Mansion Spring from the Tristaenia collection, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.
The base is Lacquester One Coat Wonder White stamped with Hit The Bottle A Bolt From The Blue, plate Messy Mansion Tristaenia Summer, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

The base is Ms. Sparkle Black Rainbow stamped with Colour Alike B. a Raindrop (blue) and B. a Scary Pumpkin (orange), plate Messy Mansion Tristaenia Autumn, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.


2 of the Symetrika plates:
The base is F.U.N Lacquer Be Yourself stamped with Messy Mansion Sterling, plate Messy Mansion Symetrika 05, stamper Fab Ur Nails Jumbo Stamper.

The base is Pretty Serious Little Duckling stamped with Jolifin Night Black, plate Messy Mansion Symetrika 06, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

So, what do I think?
Pros:
I love the varied and beautiful patterns, and some are among the most unique and whimsical in my collection.
The plates are very easy to use and stamp well even with temperamental stamping polishes - so also ideal for beginners.

Cons (not plate related):
As mentioned the patterns in the Tristaenia and Valareign collections are very big, I would have preferred them smaller, but for very long nails they must be great, and I love how unique they are.
Website:
I wish it was easier to see what plates actually ARE Messy Mansion plates, when I look at the selection on the Messy Mansion website.
A simple "by Messy Mansion" after the collection names would clarify that Crystal Plates, Leadlight Lacquer Image Plates, LilyAnna Plates, MM Series Plates, Symetrika Plates, The Bridal Nail Image Plates, Tristaenia Plates and Valareign Plates all are Messy Mansion plates.
The Emily de Molly plates and the MoYou Nails plates are of course not.

Final conclusion: I love them!
Would I like to buy more? I definitely wouldn’t mind!

I hope you enjoyed this NON SPONSORED review.
To see other stamping plate and stamping gear reviews, just click the "stamping nail art and gear" link below...

1.500+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & swatches

20 kommentarer:

  1. Their patterns are different from others, they definitely have their own unique style!

    SvarSlet
  2. They look very interesting, thanks for the review!

    SvarSlet
  3. Wow they look good! I like the fact that their patterns are so big, they would fits my thumb nails too (I usually struggle with MoYou XL ones, they are wide enough for my thumb but I need to be careful or I won't stamp it perfectly, they are too perfect-sized). :D
    I love the celtic doodles plate, I might actually buy that.
    BTW if you ever think of re-selling any Christmas plate, just send me an email XD

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL yes, your thumbs have a chance to feel small :D
      Yes, the Celtic plate is my favorite, sooo gorgeous!

      Slet
  4. Oh, wow, definitely original selection of designs. I particularly love the one with Celtic knots. So pretty.

    SvarSlet
  5. i see some great designs here :D

    SvarSlet
  6. Glad to hear your "stamp of approval" on the plate qualities. (LOL) Messy Mansion has been on my radar for a long while...just haven't gotten any YET...;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - I think you should give them a try, they recently came with fun layering plates as well!

      Slet
  7. My favourite is Valareign collection and Symetrika 06 :-)

    SvarSlet
  8. You have a unique collection of stamping plates! <3

    SvarSlet
  9. Now I know why I have been avoiding the Messy Mansion site... these are all so beautiful!! *grabs pen to add to wish list... again*

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahahaha - oh boy, I'm soooo (not) sorry :D

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...