Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



søndag den 11. januar 2015

Thoughts... - changes and looking back

Sometimes I have thoughts, questions or just something silly or serious I would like to share with you. Most of the time it will be nail related, but it also can be personal.
So I have decided to do occasional posts called "Thoughts..." - probably most often on Sunday nights here in Denmark - just like this post!
And I will try to keep these posts shorter than this first post!

"Thoughts deep enough to make you put your paw under your chin and close your eyes" - quote by Findus in a philosophical moment, not to be confused with sleep!

Today I want to inform you of two changes on the blog - and share some random thoughts and ask a question or two :)

When I started the page Indies & Co in the top menu I was lazy, I copied all the polish names from my spreadsheet.
BUT the cell formatting moved with it making it impossible to write full lines with more info, just like I do on my Chanel swatches page.
SO the other day I removed the formatting, and I knew in advance that the effect of it would mean a lot of work.
I spent an entire day removing a lot of empty lines, marking the swatched polishes in bold and last but not least edit every single one of them back to "open in a new window" all over again.
Then I added collection names to all the polishes I could find collection names on, so now it looks like I originally intended - so I hope you sometimes use the Indies & Co page, it has a lot of useful information :)

Later - and not yet done patting my back - I remembered how often I get the question: "How many holos do you own?".
I had a such an energetic and geeky superwoman day, so I decided also to go through all posts going 1½ years back to add the "holo" tag to the relevant posts, and I did.
You can see the result in the right hand menu in the "A few tags" area just below the "Brands" section, at the moment 284 posts are holo posts - including nail art, Dance legend WOW Prism etc...
It was QUITE an eye opener to go back like that!
Among the most recent 100 posts going back to the end of November - approximately 75 needed the holo tag.
Among the next 100 approximately back to the middle of October 50-60 did - going further back to the end of August it was around 30 as far as I remember - and when I got back to winter 13/14 and spring only a few needed the holo tag.
So it's safe to say that the indie makers convinced me I could wear holos, they make beautiful holos that have a formula like normal shimmers and creams - and with my ridged nails I love that!
BUT OMG during last winter and spring, I really swatched a LOT of Chanel polishes - and I know a lot of my long time readers maybe didn't quite share that burning interest with me LOL - am I right?
So I really, really hope you don't mind me showing soooo many holos - because I really love them :) (not how I asked that question without actually doing so because I'm afraid of your reply :D)
I do however think that when spring gets closer I will dive into more shimmers and creams again, but for now there will be heading a lot of holo posts your way...
Thank you for reading - if you made it this far!

29 kommentarer:

  1. Maria, I could never tire of your many many holos :-D Or even the Chanels :-) I think it's really cool that you collect them and you have all this info on them - my Chanel collection looks tiny compared to yours ;-)

    What a gorgeous cat - Findus is such a cutie :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, thank you so much Ananka, that is sweet music to my ears.
      Yes, I always have loved to seek info - and as much as possible - about things that interest me :)
      Findus is indeed a wonderful cat <3

      Slet
  2. What an interesting and very enlightening article

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much John, I'm really happy you think so!

      Slet
  3. Holos are my love :) also creams. Holos can be painted easily, easily removed and have the sparkle and depth, you know :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that's exactly why I love the second generation of holos :)

      Slet
  4. I love holos so I won't complain if you'll post more and more :D I actually wear more holos during spring and summer, I love to watch them in the sun :)
    You did a huge job making everyting ok on the blog!!

    SvarSlet
  5. Maria, you show what you like and what you like to show. That's very simple. So don't break your head about Holos or Chanel or whatever.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I know, you are of course right, but it's always nice to hear what my readers think :)

      Slet
  6. Holos are really special so I don't mind you posting them, you always take some great photos too so it's a lot of fun to take a peek at your blog. <3

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, what a wonderful compliment - thank you so much Ann-Sofie!!

      Slet
  7. seriously, i can never have too much of holo beauties

    SvarSlet
  8. I love holos so just keep them coming! Although my wallet doesn't always agree with me that it's wise to look at more :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Haha, it's strange how our wallets make squeaky noises each time we look at polish websites :D

      Slet
  9. I love holos (especially the ones that apply easily - ridges here too) and love your swatches (even if they are so temping, considering my 2015 "no buy" resolution :-)).
    You're building a great "indie holo" database here ;-) and I'd say the same about your Chanels.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. OHOH - that sound like a very serious resolution :D
      Thank you so much, I'm rally happy you thing so :)

      Slet
  10. I think it's most important that you do what you like. There will always be readers who like it. You are very good at what you do. I love the beautiful holos I've bought because of you, and I'm looking forward to more holo posts. 2014 has been an amazing nail polish year with multichromes and different types of holos, so for me it's interesting to see them on your blog and it helps me to choose. I use your blog as a holo directory now!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Your cat is very cute and beautiful, and he must have a PhD in philosophy.

      Slet
    2. You are of course right Lani!
      And I'm very happy you like my holo posts :)
      Findus sure has a PhD in philosophy - he thinks a lot of deep thoughts with his eyes closed :D

      Slet
  11. It's always interesting to see how a blog changes with time. You do show a lot of holos but I don't mind - even though I don't love holos most of the time on my nails. It's YOUR blog and you can show whatever suits you. I have phases like that, too. Showing a lot of shimmer,s showing a lot of nudes - but they pass and I show other colors again.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I like that too when following different blogs - and you are so right about the phases we go through :)

      Slet
    2. And I love that Findus quote!

      Slet
  12. And welcome to this new kind of post :) You know, I really love holos so for me is a win-win ^u^ And I'm not in love with Chanel lacquers but I think it is so interesting to see somehow the history of nail polishes so they are more than welcome :) Keep up with the great work, I know sometimes it requires a lot - and I mean A LOT - of time but it rewards you with this perfection :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that's exactly how I feel about my Chanel polishes - they are a piece of history...
      Yes, I spend at least 6 hours daily on blogging including swatching buying etc. - so thank you SO much y´for your kind words!

      Slet
  13. omg, that much of holos??? i absolutely envy you, look at me, i'm turning green ;)
    just keep posting them, i love it <3

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot - but remember you wanted me to adopt you - so where is your application :D

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...