Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



søndag den 18. januar 2015

Thoughts... - Nemesis colors flooding cuticles

This second "Thoughts..." post is short - see the first right HERE!

I might not be an expert on polishing my nails so that clean up isn't necessary, but normally I don't have mishaps.
There are however two colors that ALWAYS intimidates med and makes me paint too close to the cuticles and sometimes the sides - not on all nails of course but usually one or two of them.
It's black including the super blackened shades and a true red cream - but not any variations of red except the super blackened ones!
It's ALWAYS on my swatch hand, rarely on my right hand (I'm right handed), so I realize it's just something going on in my head, YAY at least something goes on ;)
When I was young in the 60's most available colors were shades of red, and I sucked at applying polish, so it might be a reminiscence from my youth - even if it doesn't explain why it happens with black!
SO am I alone - or does this happen to you with the same colors over and over again..?
If yes - what are your Nemesis colors?

"Thoughts deep enough to make you put your paw under your chin and close your eyes" - quote by Findus in a philosophical moment, not to be confused with sleep!

22 kommentarer:

  1. Uhm... flooding cuticles... it happens with too runny nail polishes in my case.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that can happen to me too, but I think that's just because of the formula!

      Slet
  2. It does happen from time to time. But I cannot say it is with any particular sort or colour. Sometimes thick brushes and me being careless, it will happen! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes - I was thinking in colors that intimidate us LOL
      But yes, wide and thick brushes - and it also will happen to me :)

      Slet
  3. I get it with darker colours too, I think it's because it's so obvious if they aren't perfect, that I get "performance anxiety"! So I am already tense or shaking a little as I really don't want to screw it up and go through annoying clean-up with stained cuticles, and because of that I'm more likely to botch it. Chanel Rouge Noir is my absolute nemesis as it's not only dark, but really runny too... Ironically I don't care so much with the runny polishes I have as they are pale/sheer and clean-up is easy.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. That is exactly it - performance anxiety - and I am so relieved to hear that I'm not alone :)
      And you are so right about the clean-up aspect - thanks for sharing!!

      Slet
  4. Ow, I feel your pain. Reds and blues, the ones that stain the most, tend to pool in my cuticles.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Ahh you too - thanks for letting me know - and you are so right about the cleanup, it's terrible both in red, blue - but also black in my case :)

      Slet
  5. Normally this doesn't happen to me. Except may be with certain polishes, but it's not depending on the colour.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
  6. I haven't noticed a connection between the flooding and a certain colour, but I'll keep an eye out for it now :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Maybe you are lucky and don't have intimidating colors LOL

      Slet
  7. I can relate to what you are writing. If I know that a color is a pain in the *ss to remove from the cuticles I'm more likely to be messy when I paint!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Oh, I'm so happy that you also have colors like that - and you are right, they are soooo annoying to remove :D

      Slet
  8. i have the similar problem with reds, removal is PITA, that's why i'm not so much into reds :P
    but sometimes blue, even green, maybe black... i'll stop here ;)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - that's why I'm not into black - but I love red so much that I must suffer my fate from time to time :)
      But yes, I think you are on to something, the thought of staining makes us react like that :D

      Slet
  9. Oh yes, I know what you mean! It's usually dark colors that will make me nervous. Dark red especially. I am glad to know others have this problem, too!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I also am so happy to know I'm not alone - so thank you so much for sharing :)

      Slet
  10. LOL I've never thought about this :)
    But there are some shades that pisses me of during application and I think that happens with black for me too :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - so maybe you also has a hint of it, at least with black :)

      Slet
  11. Yellow... No, just kidding... :-)
    I guess that the same thing happens to me with some shades of blue, usually with "stronger" shades... Knowing that they are difficult to clean from my cuticles and that they stain my nails, makes my hand shake and I simply have to cause at least one cuticle-tsunami...! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha :)
      Yes, I know that type of blue, even if it doesn't cause a tsunami for me :D
      But I hate them :)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...