Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



lørdag den 28. februar 2015

Chanel Intemporel and comparisons swatches - Collaboration Saturday

It's time again, yes, it's a new Collaboration Saturday together with my friend Elena from PicturedTinsel!
Chanel Intemporel is the only polish in the Les Intemporels de Chanel collection, spring 2015, a tribute to the wonderful 2.55 Chanel bag. It's limited and only sold in selected stores. 
I think many of us had hoped it would be the famous Silver – see it HERE, or a silver with the same perfect brush stroke free foil finish as finish. BUT no such luck!
The silver shade is very close/the same, but the finish isn’t, on the contrary it’s very prone to brush strokes. Just like when I swatched Silver I left my previous nail polish underneath as metallics/foils show any imperfection of the nail, and with ridges like mine it’s either that or many coats of ridge filler. You see two coats (it’s very opaque in one) with a coat of Seche Vite, as I hoped it would lessen the brush strokes just a little bit.
So - I like the shade of silver, but I'm so disappointed that Chanel goes on making brush-stroke-y polishes, because they CAN, Silver was such a fabulous formula...
Let's see the comparisons:
As you can see the difference between the finish of Intemporel and Silver is remarkable! The Old Mercure 06 is a shimmer, so the finish is of course different, but the shade of silver is close.

Now, let's see I Elena has for us!!

My Chanel links: Stash & swatch list - Collections by year Wish- & swap list 
My social media links: Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram

18 kommentarer:

  1. I think Mercure is so pretty :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is - a really pretty one, I look forward to showing it!

      Slet
  2. Uhm... it doesn't look bad but taking into the account they created a nail polish without brush strokes visible, this one looks worse...

    SvarSlet
  3. Shame about the streakyness! Otherwise I like the color.

    SvarSlet
  4. Yes Silver looks far better!

    SvarSlet
  5. Ow, too bad it is so frosty. The colour is beautiful and looks so nice on you, but they have failed in terms of finish.

    SvarSlet
  6. I love how opaque it is, it's a pity it's not brushstroke-free like its brother Silver :(

    SvarSlet
  7. I find it odd that they change the formula to something that isn't as good as the old. Silver looks amazing! :)

    SvarSlet
  8. It's nice but shame about the brush strokes :-|

    SvarSlet
  9. got it two days ago. have to test it soon, but i really coulnn't resist it. i wish it was silver too

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It would have been great in a slightly different shade than silver - but with the same finish!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...