Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



mandag den 9. marts 2015

Swatch Spam OPI, Kiko, China Glaze and Catrice - blackened colors

I never wear black unless it’s a holo, nor do I feel comfortable wearing colors that are very blackened. They might be very OK as a base for nail art, but wearing them alone is a no go for me. So in this post I’m showing 5 colors that all brings me out of my comfort zone. They are: OPI 4 in the Morning, Kiko So Stylish 04 Rouge Noir, Kiko 829 Blueberry, China Glaze Crimson and Catrice 38 Vino Tinto.

OPI 4 in the Morning:
OPI 4 in the Morning is a black with a subtle silver shimmer that makes it look charcoal black/grey. The finish is satin, so it dries semi-matte. This is 2 coats without a top coat.

Kiko So Stylish 04 Rouge Noir:
Kiko So Stylish 04 Rouge Noir is a blackened red cream, in many light settings it feels more like a dark brown with a slight red hue – or even a black. This is 2 coats without a top coat. Thank you to Tanja for this vampy polish!

Kiko 829 Blueberry:
Kiko 829 Blueberry is from the “Quick Dry” line. It’s a super blackened eggplant purple, you know when the eggplant just looks black. In the first coat it had a slight purple hue, but after the second it just felt plain black. The brush is wide, I prefer the normal Kiko brushes. This is 2 coats with a top coat. Thank you to Tanja for sending me this to try :)

China Glaze Crimson:
China Glaze Crimson is a super blackened purple. In the first coat I see the purple, but after the second is just feels black maybe with a warm hue, but even in the sun it’s just black. This is two coats with a top coat.

Catrice 38 Vino Tinto:
Catrice 38 Vino Tinto is a blackened red cream, in many light settings more like a dark brown with a slight red hue – or even a black. This is 2 coats with a top coat.
I know a lot of you are fan of black and blackened colors - so how do you feel about these?
My social media links: Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram

26 kommentarer:

  1. I love pure old black lacquers and dark grey lacquers :) I'm not comfortable with blackened red/brown ones so among those I should pick just the O·P·I and maybe the blueberry :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's interesting how different we feel about black and blackened colors - even within the range!

      Slet
  2. I like them all! China Glaze Crimson is my favourite :)

    SvarSlet
  3. If I had to choose, I'd pick Blueberry. I usually wear black only as a part of a nail art or a holo - like you. There's something in the OPI! It looks very leather-like.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, the opi has that finish - and you are right, very leather like!

      Slet
  4. What's the point of a purple if it looks black? Why not just wear a black? I don't get it :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. A black will always look "harder" - the hue in the others will be a bit softer...

      Slet
  5. I like about half of these, actually I only don't like the two brown polishes. 4 In The Morning is very interesting and it looks great in nail art. Have you tried it with top coat? I've been looking for Crimson for some time now. Unsuccessfully. I'd love to try it even though I know that it is too dark (and it looks a bit patchy too - such shades often do). My favourite of this lot is Blueberry both as a colour on its own and on you. It doesn't look that dark to me, but I love dark shades and I understand that they are out of your comfort zone.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I haven't tried the OPI with a top coat I'm afraid!
      Don't look any more for Crimson, I just put it in your box!!

      Slet
  6. Because of my pale skin, I think blackened polishes are easier to wear than black, but I think dark polish looks pretty on others. I have a few that I'm looking forward to try, so I'm slowly getting bolder. Blueberry looks very beautiful.

    SvarSlet
  7. They are very dark but I do like the Rouge Noir and the Crimson one

    SvarSlet
  8. Wow, the Kiko Rouge Noir is really nice :)

    SvarSlet
  9. Hi, Maria, how`s it going? I must say that dark color are shapened for my gothic tastes... I`m amazed by our polishes!!!! If I could choose, I would choose all of them!!! Vino Tinto, Crimson and Blueberry go straight to my heart!

    Have a nice weekend, dear!
    =D
    Rock ur Nails!

    SvarSlet
  10. It's good to come out of your comfort zone sometimes :-D I do like dark colours and blacks. They are all nice. Loving the OPI it looks amazing on you :-D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I'm pleased you think so, but it needs a good new home!

      Slet
  11. great polishes, but 4 in the morning is the one for me :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Aww, maybe you could be it's new home then :)

      Slet
  12. Well, I really really like China Glaze Crimson. Fortuantely I got it.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...