Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 17. december 2013

Chanel Lollipop 27 swatches - and a few questions...

Drum roll please, this is the 75th swatched Chanel on my blog since August 24th!
Have you noticed my Chanel swatches and stash list in the top menu and that I in my spreadsheet found on the Stash list page now have a separate sheet for my Chanels...?
Chanel Lollipop 27 – is from 2002.
Lollipop is a sheer hot pink jelly, and I almost expected it to smell like candy, but fortunately it didn’t ;) I imagined it wouldn't look good over my old ridged nails, so I saved the precious drops and made 2-finger swatches for you – without top coat – and look at that glossy shine. 
It’s self leveling ability is amazing by the way…
Trommehvrivler tak, nu har jeg vist 75 Chanel swatches på min blog siden den 24. august! Har du lagt mærke til min Chanel swatches and stash liste i top menuen, og at jeg i mit regneark nu har et særskilt ark kun for mine Chanel lakker, klik: Stash list...?
Chanel Lollipop 27 – er fra 2002.
Lollipop er en jelly, og jeg forventede næsten at den ville lugte af slik, men det gjorden nu heldigvis ikke ;) Jeg var ikke sikker på at den ville se godt ud over mine gamle rillede negle, så jeg sparede på de dyrebare dråber og nøjedes med 2 finger swatches. Jeg brugte ingen overlak, men sikke da en flot og skinnende finish den har. 
Dens selvudjævnende egenskaber er forresten helt utrolige.

First I show it in 2 coats...
Jeg viser den først med 2 lag...

And the below swatches are in 3 coats!
Og de næste swatches er i 3 lag!
So I have some questions for you:
What do you think of Lollipop?
How old is the oldest jelly polish you can think of?
How old is a polish in your opinion before it can be called vintage...?
Jeg har nogle spørgsmål til dig:
Hvad synes du om Lollipop?
Hvor gammel er den ældste jelly lak, du kender?
Hvor gammel skal en lak efter din mening være, før du vil kalde den vintage...?

30 kommentarer:

  1. I have one like this too, from Lancôme called Juicy Vernis 48. But mine smells of candy once it's dried.

    Kind regards,
    Elena

    SvarSlet
  2. Just took a pick at your stash list. Wow so many :) Is Chanel your favourite brand now?

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. There really are many - and yes, it is, I love their formula!

      Slet
  3. It really looks like a loly pop. Soo sweet! I took a look at your swatch and stash list.. OMG Maria... I am jalous.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - I was a lot of hard work collecting them, and there are so many others out there LOL

      Slet
  4. What do you think of Lollipop? It's pretty but I am not a fan of jelly polishes that are this sheer..
    How old is the oldest jelly polish you can think of? Ehhhrmm I saw this one is from 2002, so this one must be the oldest I can think of.
    How old is a polish in your opinion before it can be called vintage...? Ehhrrmm I don't know, for Chanels I guess as soon as they're not sold in the stores anymore?
    x

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yay, thanks for replying.
      I cannot think of any older jellies either...

      Slet
  5. extremely lovely color, i would have to wear this with underwear lol. not sure about your questions but i think vintage is something 20 years and older but not quite 100? because then it would be antique. lol i read that somewhere.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. White would be pretty as underwear :)
      That's true the 20 and 100 - but vintage in polishes is used in connection with polishes way younger than that - let's face it, not many 20+ year old polishes around... LOL

      Slet
  6. This polish looks very beautiful! I would call this one vintage. More than 7- 10 years old? Or 5? Jacqui (from The Scolarly Nail) draws the line at nail polish that is older than 5 years of age. I don't remember any jelly until I bought Nfu- Oh #51 in 2011.The oldest jelly without flakies or glitter I've heard of, except for yours, is the OPI Texas collection.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that was my thought too, it has been 7 years in my mind a while now...
      Yes, I have the feeling Chanel might have been first here too!!

      Slet
    2. Yes, they might. I wish I was more interested in nail polish earlier.

      Slet
    3. LOL that's a thought I have every day LOL

      Slet
  7. Am I the only one who doesn't like this shade? It's not just the shade, but to me that jelly formula combined with the colour is really off-putting. I have had a similar polish and it drove me nuts. What I do find interesting about this polish is that gradient effect it creates on your nails.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Blogger does make it a bit more vivid, I really have problems with pink shades - Blogger change them.
      I think it's very charming - and I'm in awe over the formula - the gradient is probably my fault, not good enough applying it - but it's difficult to see with squishy colors like this - compare your nail to the size of the photo...

      Slet
  8. Vintage in nail polishes world? Mmmmm... I think 5-6 years :) So, yeah, this is a vintage! :)
    I don't love much that shade but I guess in real life is much better (that's what pinks do to me, I hate them in photo but I love them on my nails) ^^
    So shiny and sooooo smooth, it's a dream :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, I think around that too 5-7 years.
      It is very unique in person and I love how squishy it is, really candy like LOL

      Slet
  9. I have Lollipop too and I love this jelly shade <3
    And yes, for me this one is vintage :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is veru pretty, I'm glad you like it too - it is for me too :)

      Slet
  10. This polish is gorgeous! Oldest jelly polish?? omg I don't know when they began...
    Hmm I agree with others who commented about how old vintage would be considered, 7-10 years? :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I suspect Chanel might have started that trend too - and yes, around 7 years sounds reasonable...

      Slet
  11. this one is not so appealing to me... don't know if it's formula or color...

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Well even if it doesn't appeal, I think one has to bow in honor of a company creating new trends - and are able to make a formula like this so many years ago :) None of the jellies I have met recently produced are this perfect!

      Slet
  12. I love jellies! This is so squishy and yummy!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are really fun, I didn't like them before, but this one changed my mind!

      Slet
  13. I can't say that I like jelly nail polishes, but I like this gradient effect that you got :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Well, I'm first and foremost impressed by the quality and age of this one - to think such a perfect jelly was produced so long ago, that's pretty darn amazing in my book!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...