Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 16. august 2016

Marianne Nails stamping plates review


MarianneNails are located in France, and you can change the language and currency in the upper right corner of the website.

First impressions:
The plates come in beautiful large cardboard sleeves glued on a piece of paper. Before use you need to remove them from the paper and remove the blue film on each plate. The sleeves are however not really useful after you started using the plates, they are so big.
There are stamping instructions on the back of the paper.
The price for each plate is 6.50 Euro.
The plate size is 6 x 12 cm, and they have a plastic backing – however some of the plates have a larger backing that makes it difficult to store them in traditional plate holders, but it can be done but I’m afraid they will rip.
The size of the patterns is 2 x 1.5 cm.
The etching is a little bit shallow = maybe not ideal for all beginners.

I use the small Bundle Monster plate holder to store my Marianne Nails plates, I have in each side one plate with the bigger backing and one with the smaller backing, and that works for me - see full review of the Bundle Monster plate holders HERE!

Let's have a look at some of the plates (click on the photos to enlarge them):

And a few manis created with Marianne Nails stamping plates:
Take 49: Base Enchanted Polish Telenovela stamped with MoYou London Rosy Ribbon, plate Marianne Nails 50, stamper Marianne Nails Jumbo Clear Jelly.

Take 54: Base MAC Rain of Flowers stamped with Barry M Foil Effects 320, plate Marianne Nails 121, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly.

Take 71: Base Picture Polish Sunflower stamped with Purrfect Pawlish Pitch Black, plate Marianne Nails 103, stamper Daschica Jumbo Clear Jelly. I filled the center using two brown polishes Misa Earthward and Milani Chocolate Sprinkles.

Take 108: The base is Glam Polish Without Us, You’re Nothing stamped with Hit The Bottle A Bolt From The Blue, plate Marianne Nails 50, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

Take 112: The base is Chanel Rouge Essentiel 500 stamped with Jolifin Snow White, plate Marianne Nails 77, stamper MoYou London XL Marshmallow Sticky.

So, what do I think:
Pros:
There are really, really many beautiful patterns.

Cons (definitely just minor cons):
The etching is a little bit shallow = maybe not ideal for all newbies, but a little training will soon help.
The plastic backing on the plates has 2 different sizes, and that is a bit annoying since you cannot store all of them comfortably in normal plate holders for 6 x 12 cm plates.
The cardboard sleeve the plates come in is really beautiful, but not really useful after you removed the plate from the paper they are glued on to fit the big sleeve – but they really are beautiful.
The plate photos on the website have watermarks in several lines on each plate making it difficult to see the patterns – but there is a good looking glass to enlarge the patterns.

Final conclusion:
Overall I really like the plates, they have a lot of good things to offer.

I hope you enjoyed this NON SPONSORED review.

To see other stamping plate and stamping gear reviews, just click the "stamping nail art and gear" link below...

1.500+ indie polishes and 100+ indie brandsIndies & swatches

20 kommentarer:

  1. Some of these plates are really beautiful. I love those sleeves, too bad they are too big to be used after plates are removed from paper.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They can of course be used, the sleeves, but I like them to fit :D

      Slet
  2. lovely plates and great designs <3

    SvarSlet
  3. They hade some quite interesting patterns indeed. However perhaps not for me since I'm definitely a befinner. Thanks for the review!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I think you soon would get the hang of them, they have many beautiful patterns!

      Slet
  4. Svar
    1. It's amazing how many different small and big plate makers, there are out there!

      Slet
  5. I've got a couple of them as well, but I must admit that I don't use them much. I store them in the big sleeves, perhaps that's the reason :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL - that could very well be the reason!

      Slet
  6. They are all beautiful! I didn't know these plates, I have to catch up ^^

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. You do - but it's difficult to know all makers of plates ;)

      Slet
  7. Few plates are having awesome patterns and all the manis you created using this plates are amazing! I love them! <3

    SvarSlet
  8. Oh my! More plates for my wishlist...must win the lottery soon!! Heh, heh. Your review is fabulous (of course) and very helpful! You are really succeeding at being a stamping resource to refer to again and again - thank you!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hahaha so happy to be of service :D
      I hope to have really many reviews here on the blog over the next months - the PERFECT excuse for trying out new brands!

      Slet
  9. Svar
    1. It's such a wonderful patters - thank you so much!

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...