Check out my freehand nail art in the folders/pages above this line :) - Se min frihånds nail art i fanebladene over denne linie :)



tirsdag den 18. marts 2014

China Glaze City Flourish spring 2014 swatches: In A Lily Bit, Lotus Begin, What A Pasy and At Vase Value

Here are my 4 picks of the 12 new polishes in the China Glaze City Flourish collection.
I love China Glaze – but in this case I wish there had been fewer polishes with a better quality. I think the formula was below standard for 3 out of these 4…

In A Lily Bit
In A Lily Bit is a very pretty, pale lilac – but the formula was terrible and impossible to get even, so I had to apply a top coat to these 2 coats to smooth it out.

Lotus Begin
Lotus Begin is beautiful and bright lilac, and although the formula was better than In A Lily Bit, it still was a little tricky. You see 2 coats without a top coat.

What a Pansy
What a Pansy is a periwinkle cream, and the formula was good, maybe a bit on the thin side, but good. It’s well pigmented, one rich coat might be enough, but this is 2 coats without a top coat.

At Vase Value
At Vase Value is my favorite of the 4, it’s a pretty and bright pastel mint. The formula is not perfect, but definitely workable, and this is 2 coats without a top coat.
- so, what do you think - have you bought (or are you going to) any of these, some of the others from the collection - and how do you like them...?

40 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful shades dear! :) xo

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    SvarSlet
  2. How cute look all these ones, especially the last one. I'm obsessed of this color.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, At Vase Value is my favorite too :)

      Slet
  3. Wonderful shades :) love them <3

    SvarSlet
  4. Svar
    1. Repeat after me: "My name is Elena, and I love pastels" - say that 50 times each morning and each evening!!!

      Slet
  5. Wonderful soft shades for spring!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are - I love the season of pastels :)

      Slet
  6. Påske og mentos.. det er hvad jeg kommer til at tænke på :-) Farverne er dejlige milde og vil passe godt til afslappende stunder med solskin :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Ja, de vil være perfekte til påske - for mig er pasteller på programmet fra nu af og til omkring oktober - sommetider længere :)

      Slet
  7. Pretty colours, but I don't like that the formula is so difficult.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Yes, that's annoying because normally China Glaze have such perfect formula's...

      Slet
  8. I love CG too! Along those, At Vase Value is definitely my favorite one, so bright but pastel :)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It's such a lovely brand normally - and yay - I love At Vase Value :)

      Slet
  9. I like the mint one =) so Tiffany color =)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. In fact nor what you normally think of with a tiffany color - but so pretty :)

      Slet
  10. Still I do like the lilac shade

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. I love lilac shades, you are going to meet many of them in the time ahead :)

      Slet
  11. They are all pretty but I know I have like if not dups for all of 'em

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. LOL in my book there is no such thing as too many pastels :)

      Slet
  12. I love all of these, they are so pretty!!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are - pastels rule, and these are so pretty!

      Slet
  13. You're probably not surprised to hear that none from that collection will end up in my stash. I would look twice at What A Pansy, which I think looks really nice, and Thistle Do Nicely, which also looks nice in the bottle. But in reality, they are not really my colours. My wallet says thank you :D

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Your wallet loves the pastel season, mine doesn't ;)

      Slet
  14. You are killing me with these photos and these creamy colours :-) Well, if I had to choose one, I'd choose What a Pansy! :-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Hopefully not LOL - but I am happy you like them :D

      Slet
  15. Ooh I love the top two, so perfect for spring but such a pain about the formula though. Hmm you're tempting me though lol X ;-)

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. They are so perfect - and yes, that's a pity, but it's not worse that you after a top coat are good with a pretty result!

      Slet
  16. Why are these shades so pretty? I love them!

    SvarSlet
  17. It's that time of year for the troublesome, yet pretty pastels! You do make them work, girl! I'll probably wait for a sale to pick any of these up. I have a lot of similar colors.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. It is indeed, but normally I find pastels better to work with, than the two worst of these.
      Nidia, the question you have to ask yourself is: Can a girl have too many pastels ;)

      Slet

Please do NOT link spam! Comments with links will very likely be removed. If you want me to look at your blog, send me an email!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...